POI transfer to TomTom GO Navigation — TomTom Community

POI transfer to TomTom GO Navigation

RembocanoeRembocanoe Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I have an old 930 with a set of POIs I want to transfer to my tomtom go Mobile app. How do I do this?
I have the files already downloaded and on MYDRIVE (MyPLACES) but how do I access them on my mobile app?

Best Answer

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,993
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    The new TomTom Go Navigation doesn't support own Pois in ov2 format.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,993
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    The new TomTom Go Navigation doesn't support own Pois in ov2 format.
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 58 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    For a more helpful answer, you can use a 3rd-party POI organiser, such as POI Pocket, which will happily import your existing POIs. I use this app and so far it's been excellent. Also the desktop version allows you to very easily create more POIs
  • DLBBDLBB Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can I ask about POI Pocket? It seems that only the desktop version can group POI into groups, but these groupings cannot be transferred to the mobile version. i.e. the mobile version just has a single long list of POI

Is this the case or did I miss some settings? Thanks.
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 269 [Exalted Navigator]
    That was my experience. I was never able to find an adequate work-around. TT is no longer my daily driver.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    DLBB wrote: »
    Can I ask about POI Pocket? It seems that only the desktop version can group POI into groups, but these groupings cannot be transferred to the mobile version. i.e. the mobile version just has a single long list of POI
    By using tags with POIs you can restrict displays to particular selections, and which is the essence of groups.

• DLBBDLBB Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks tgold. This is a vivable workaround. Putting the desktop POI Groups into mobile certainly is a more preferred approach.
  • Cjuk81Cjuk81 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Why did they remove this feature? Was it to get you to buy an actual device? I had campsites and other things such as RSPB reserve sites uploaded via the Mydrive webpage and since the new version where the link to mydrive was broken its someting ive missed. Such a shame really
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 269 [Exalted Navigator]
    It worked for me. I bought a Garmin. That said, I am looking at a new Suburu for my honey that uses TT in its built-in nav unit.