Need help with Countries / Maps on the App — TomTom Community

Need help with Countries / Maps on the App

DaveG1951DaveG1951 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
Hi We live in the UK but will be going on a road trip in the USA next year. If I download the App onto my Samsung A50 and register it etc in the UK, will I be able to easily switch to USA maps when we arrive in the States? Any advice, not just on this topic, would be appreciated.

Best Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,012
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    It doesn't matter where you use the app. You can also download the USA maps at home and use them in the USA.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,683
    Superuser
    edited March 15 Accepted Answer
    Hi @DaveG1951

In addition having downloaded the maps now before you go to the US you can locate hotels/places you will be visiting etc, just as in the UK , and save them in My Places so they are ready for when you go.

Doug

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,012
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    It doesn't matter where you use the app. You can also download the USA maps at home and use them in the USA.
  • DaveG1951DaveG1951 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Many thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,683
    Superuser
    edited March 15 Accepted Answer
    Hi @DaveG1951

In addition having downloaded the maps now before you go to the US you can locate hotels/places you will be visiting etc, just as in the UK , and save them in My Places so they are ready for when you go.

Doug
  • DaveG1951DaveG1951 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Thanks Doug. It does sound ideal for my needs. I have an old TomTom with USA maps as we visit a lot, and it seems to be okay but I want the app as a backup.