Can My Routes be backed up — TomTom Community

Can My Routes be backed up

Can My Routes be backed up as I've been instructed to do a factory reset on my Premium X device and don't want to have to spend hours recreating the them. There is much talk about TomTom home backup & restore but nowhere is there any mention of what it actually backs up.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,107
    Superuser
    Hi @halo366

Go to the Tomtom MyDrive website and log into your account then Tap My Routes (4the icon down on Left edge) and see what Routes have been saved to you Accounts.

Routes created on the GO Premium will not be saved there so for those firstly make sure you have a map on the units internal memory. Then insert a small gb sized card, any existing card in the unit that has been formatted for maps will not work unless you remove it and reformat it to Fat32 thus losing everything on it, When inserting the card if prompted do not format it for maps in the Device, . . Now go to My Routes on the device and export any maps not saved in your My Drive Account, you could export them all as a further backup if you want..

Once you have done this you can then do a Factory Reset and when you have reset the unit up and it logs back into your account then the My Routes saved in the account will be restored to the device. Regarding any Routes you have to export then you can import them into your Account via the My Drive Website then these will also be synced to the Device if you select the option for that to happen.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,273
    Superusers
    edited March 12
    Hi
    @halo366
    Tomtom Home is for the early NAV2 devices....

The NAV4 and the latest Wi-Fi devices use....
    The MyDrive Web Route planner to access the Tomtom Cloud Storage....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • halo366halo366 Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Okay, so MyDrive, but the question still stands does it back up my Routes? Can't find any documentation answering this. Don't want to flick the Tomtom answer all doomsday switch (factory reset) until I backed up as much as possible
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,273
    Superusers
    edited March 12
    Hi
    @halo366
    On the Go Premium.....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Login with your Tomtom Account details....
    On the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    Login with your Tomtom Account details.... Your Routes POIs & MyPlaces should Auto Sync between the two devices....

GO Premium User Manual....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014362599-GO-Premium-User-Manual

Creating routes on MyDrive and sharing them on Road Trips...
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960159-Creating-routes-on-MyDrive-and-sharing-them-on-Road-Trips

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,107
    Superuser
    edited March 12
    Hi @halo366

If you go to the My Drive website as I mentioned and having logged into your account do you see all or some of the My Routes listed on your GO Premium listed there. You should also be able to see all your My Places listed, Home, Work and if you have added any 3rd Party POI files see those are also .listed. That being the case all that are listed there will be restored to you device after you do a Factory Reset and it has logged into the same My Drive account.

My further advice was to cover any Routes you may have created on the Devic and not in My Drive as they will not be listed in My Drive as they do not sync back to your account. Those you have to export form the device.

Further if you go into your Account on the My Drive Website and delete a Route or My Place or add any then the same changes will occur on your GO Premium. In effect the My Drive Account backs up your GO Premium Data except routes created on the Premium itself. The backup however does not backup your units settings such as whether you use a Wide Route Bar or a particular voice etc but you can easily deal with these after.

Doug