Server busy error on Smart Media Connect - Page 4 — TomTom Community

Server busy error on Smart Media Connect

Answers

• Jason2bJason2b Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    evesteve wrote: »
    BobbieP wrote: »
    since they have disabled the live services - the navigation system in the Smart is of no value to Tom Tom - you can tell by their lack of Smart Info on their website...
    And after 3 years, it is of no interest to Mercedes either.
    So you just go back and forth.
    The only thing you can do, start all over again, and just buy a new SD Card with Maps on it, and use that.
    I've had the navcore issue since October, brought the maps, got a refund and brought a new SD Card with Maps installed.

My Mercedes-Benz dealer here in Canada installed a new SD card in my smart 453 and charged me over $400 for it. But the maps on the new SD card are nearly 4 years old (version 990.xx) ! Although I have tried for several days, my computer cannot update the maps because of this Smart Media Connect server busy problem. I have yet to hear back from the service department about this.

I am also in Canada, but still have bumper to bumper warranty on my 2018 Smart EV. My GPS no longer connects to GPS Satellites; which I normally fixed by running an update. I haven't been able to use my GPS for nearly a month and tried updating maps on 3 computers including brand new PC with clean install of Windows 10. I am going to schedule "maintenance" on my car and throw in the warranty. If they give me run around, I wont pay for maintenance. Mercedes doesn't like people making a scene in front of their prestigious customers. If you are outside of warranty then nothing you can do but purchase a new SD card for $400.
  • imoboimobo Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    AngryBird wrote: »
    imobo wrote: »
    Ok, assuming they lied to me about the "lifetime" account, since my SD was erased, how could I at least restore on it the European map to the version prior the expire?
    Is that feasable without using Smart Media Connection?

no, you need Smart Media connect working... unless you made card backup

Thanks. This confirms my fears... What's happening is unbelievable, borderline fraud.
  • MaajidMaajid Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Has there been any updates on this 'server very busy error'
  • bgpagliabgpaglia Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Maajid wrote: »
    Has there been any updates on this 'server very busy error'

No, still broken. It's been 2 full months now, this company sucks
  • adchelleadchelle Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    Just another smart driver here, who logged in today to find the servers busy. Surprised to do a little Google and see it's been going on for two months.

To be honest, all contact with TomTom and their customer service is dreadful and painfully slow. I don't think I'll bother updating anymore and just use the free Google Maps or Waze from now on.
  • ApprenticeApprentice Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I emailed them 2 weeks ago about this and they didn't even have the decency to reply. And with no telephone support they can simply ignore their customers. They just don't give a toss.
  • davsdavs Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear customer support, trying to update my smart media connect from my Smart forfour, the smart media connect says servers are always busy. Tried loging in several computers, but always the same answer, so I'm not able to update my SD card. Any ideas?? is the service still working on?? thanks in advance.
  • MOROKOMOROKO Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited February 16
    TomTom you'r going BamBam - WTF with the serwers busssy problem?! - i need the update NOW!
  • mkummermkummer Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Here the same for a very long time. Obviously no one at TomToms has any interest in this common problem. Must be a profund problem, that is quite impossible to fix.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,172
    Superuser
    Hi @MOROKO

What happened about your post on the 16th which you edited shortly after to say that you had resolved the issue?

Doug
  • Birdy01Birdy01 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    When will the Smart Media Servers be back online?
  • ApprenticeApprentice Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Those like myself who are experiencing this issue and expecting some sort of response from TomTom on these forums should not hold their breath. My advice is to email them directly and let them know how angry you are. It took 2 weeks for them to respond to me and I got a stock answer "re-install software" and "we are aware of this issue" but that's not good enough. They need to be questioned about the progress of their technicians in resolving this and that they should consider reimbursement or compensation.
  • MOROKOMOROKO Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited March 11
    Hi @DougLap - i got the succes connect in the older version of TomTom Connect (not Smart Media) but the software start automaticly update to new version and after that start droping Alert "You need the Smart Media Connect to *******up your SD card..." with SD Card - after i eject the card from MacSlot Smart Media on SD frozen and not start in the car "No Maps"... - i start floodContact via FB TomTom and they want to help...

Btw. i call to my ASO Mercedes with waranty they want to help to, solved that problem.

Stay Tuned...

"Sorry for my EN"
  • GdoubakisGdoubakis Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi there,

It is two months now that I try to update my sd card through the Smart media connect software but give us a server error "Our servers are very busy right now". Is there any solution after two months.
  • denideni Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    you would have thought in this would have been sorted months ago ,
    I am trying to type and the page keeps locking up (server busy error on Smart Media Connect) not impressed
  • Alan_Vernon_GordonAlan_Vernon_Gordon Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    This is pathetic service. It cannot take 2 months to sort out the "Server is Busy" error. Can they not roll back to the previous versions of the app. Else we ALL want our money back and will make another plan for tracking.
  • AngryBirdAngryBird Posts: 112 [Revered Navigator]
    Same issue is still there, support is not helpful at all. they just close the issue.
    Can't update maps to version 1065 because of this
  • m25manm25man Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Another upset Smart user here too....
    My 2018 smart is out of warranty now and Live services are about to expire so I thought I would login and see what was going on I deliberately have avoided doing any updates in the last 3 yrs as I had a nightmare with my last Smart Cars SD card update but due to Covid I’ve not needed to use it much.
    I’ve had 4 Smarts and would have had a 5th probably even electric but TBH after reading this thread I’m now off the idea and will avoid anything that has a TomTom unit in it!

This is an absolute sham.
  • DeitydivaDeitydiva Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Same issue here!
    edited March 9
    HOLD ON! Maybe today something is moving... When I open the app, the "Server Busy" error comes after a while, it is not immediate as before. Maybe...
  • AngryBirdAngryBird Posts: 112 [Revered Navigator]
    bgpaglia wrote: »
    HOLD ON! Maybe today something is moving... When I open the app, the "Server Busy" error comes after a while, it is not immediate as before. Maybe...

nothing changed. same issue
    edited March 10
    AngryBird wrote: »
    bgpaglia wrote: »

nothing changed. same issue

False alarm, just as usual... This is getting literally ridicolous!
    This is the DM I've received from TomTom for a tweet I wrote:
    "Salve, il nostro team di sviluppo ha già identificato la causa di questo bug e sta lavorando per implementare una soluzione per risolvere l'errore. Tuttavia, la correzione dovrebbe passare attraverso diversi percorsi di test e controlli di qualità prima che venga rilasciata al pubblico e, a causa delle complessità, il rilascio sta richiedendo tempistiche più lunghe del solito, ci scusiamo per il ritardo e apprezziamo la sua comprensione in merito. Se ha altre domande o problemi, non esiti a contattarci. ^Jasbir N., TomTom."

Roughly translated: "Hello, our development team has already identified the problem, and is working to implement a solution to solve the error. However, the fix must pass through different testing and quality checks before being released to public and, because of its complexity, final release is taking longer than usual, we are deeply sorry for the delay and appreciate your comprehension for that. If you have other questions or problems, fell free to contact us".

Well... let's wait and see
  • ncasalinoncasalino Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you bgpaglia for the updates!
    We will keep our fingers crossed and hope Tomtom solve as soon as possible the big problem of the Smart Media Connect server platform.
  • adchelleadchelle Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    I have today sent an email to smart UK's customer service team to alert them to this problem. I have copied in a link to this very discussion.

I don't know if it will do any good, but hopefully someone in Daimler HQ will start to pressure TomTom into sorting this out.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0