Problem connecting memory card to TomTom Home — TomTom Community

Problem connecting memory card to TomTom Home

PuneetPuneet Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 19 in Built in car navigation
Hi, I have a built in Navigation in my Mazda CX 5. When I try to connect my ad card to my computer (Mac) and into Tom Tom home, the SD card gives an error and does not read. The message says “there are error in your memory card that cannot be fixed by Home” ..what does this mean ? Thx

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,417 Moderator
    Hi @Puneet

Welcome to the community! It might be an issue with the files on the memory card getting corrupted.
    Which is the current map installed?
    We might have to format and restore the contents.

Regards, Vikram
  • PuneetPuneet Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Vikram for the response. This is my first time in the community.

I have a USA Canada map and it runs well on the inbuilt navigation system in my vehicle. But throws an error when I connect it to my Mac onto TomTom home.

The error screen shot is attached.

Thx

v9kqnsfvfp73.jpeg
  • seanallenseanallen Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the exact same problem as Puneet. Same map installed.

Everything works fine in the car GPS unit. Nothing has been updated in a while, ever since the old TomTomHOME.app was no longer supported by newer Mac OS. I found that there is a new app that now runs on the latest Mac OS, but after installing it, it displays this error.
    Still having the same error message in TomTom HOME on my Mac laptop despite trying multiple solutions.

Customer service had me remove the loopdir folder and have the nav unit replace it, which did not fix the problem. They also had me erase the card and copy back the map, which did not fix the problem. They now claim that I need to purchase a new SD Card.

However, my laptop accesses the card just fine. I am able to erase it and reload the map, voices, and everything else from my laptop with no issues whatsoever. The card still works great in my Mazda nav unit. The nav unit has not problems accessing the card.

The only thing that can't access the SD Card is the TomTom HOME software.
    Also, on the website, when I try to purchase a new map, and it asks me to enter the first 2 characters of the serial number, the website says that the USA_Canada map is not compatible with my device.

It's not like I can change my nav device, since it is built into my Mazda CX-5. What is going on with TomTom? Are they about to go out of business?
  • PuneetPuneet Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Not working for me as well ..request the moderator Vikram to clarify ..thx
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,417 Moderator
    edited January 27
    Hi All

After reviewing the currently open tickets I could not find something specific to the error mentioned above.
    My suggestion would be to contact our customer service team and report this problem so the concerned team can start investigating.

Regards, Vikram
  • AnderssonAndersson Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hello. I have the same issue. Emailed support. Tried deleting the "loopdir" without solving the problem. Please help!
  • mazdausermazdauser Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Puneet wrote: »
    Hi, I have a built in Navigation in my Mazda CX 5. When I try to connect my ad card to my computer (Mac) and into Tom Tom home, the SD card gives an error and does not read. The message says “there are error in your memory card that cannot be fixed by Home” ..what does this mean ? Thx

Did you get this fixed? Having exactly the same problem. Did you try it in a windows laptop?
    Andersson wrote: »
    Hello. I have the same issue. Emailed support. Tried deleting the "loopdir" without solving the problem. Please help!

DId you get this resolved? Did you try it with a windows laptop? I'm having exactly the same problem
    seanallen wrote: »
    Also, on the website, when I try to purchase a new map, and it asks me to enter the first 2 characters of the serial number, the website says that the USA_Canada map is not compatible with my device.

It's not like I can change my nav device, since it is built into my Mazda CX-5. What is going on with TomTom? Are they about to go out of business?

Did you get you device to recognise your SD card? I'm having the same problem.
  • OzReneOzRene Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I'm having exactly the same problem and getting exactly the same error on Renault Carminat Navigation system.
    MacOs Big Sur loaded, have followed all instructions re java and the App is finally opening after 5 months waiting for a fix (yes it apparently happened in late Jan but Tom Tom never advised me).

Is anyone aware of a solution for this?

epf5ho10h3go.jpg