Subscription after purchase — TomTom Community

Subscription after purchase

AndreaBesiAndreaBesi Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
A few days ago I bought my new device, on the site it was written that I had a free subscription for one year of speed cameras, how can I check it?
And then I wanted to make sure I had the maps for life. it's true?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,663
    Superuser
    Hi @AndreaBesi

Don't be concerned as if you have any issue with the Lifetime maps or the cameras stop whilst you should still have a current subscription if you come on here then one of the Mods can check and sort for you.

Doug
  • AndreaBesiAndreaBesi Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited March 1
    Forgive me but is there no other way to verify?

Mod edit:
    Image edited to remove the serial number.
    Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Superuser
    Hi @AndreaBesi

If you
    Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tab About
    Then you can see if the Traffic and Cameras has been activated.

Also if you connect the unit to a PC, after you have opened the latest version of the My Drive Connect software on it, then you should be able to bypass the initial screen that says do it the easy way and see your device. If you click on My Content it should indicate what maps are available and whether they are lifetime, it may indicate a date some years from now, and also info re the cameras. Re the lifetime when others have reached the date shown on there units swhen they have come on here one of the Mods has reset the units to continue the service.

Doug
    Last question ... can I pass the saved favorites of my old via 135 on this device?
    I did the procedure but then I read below that for "Go Discover" it does not work and in fact they are not displayed on the navigator is a big problem
    Superuser
    Hi @AndreaBesi

My apologise I forgot that shows you how to convert Favourites t a POI file and they cannot be loaded onto the Discovery models. Hopefully that will be possible at some time.

Doug
    So I ask for the return and I get a template where I can include all my favorites. You can tell me how to download the return form, I can't
    if i take TomTom GO Premium, i have the same performance as discover but can i integrate my favorites?
    Superuser
    Hi @AndreaBesi

Yes you can currently add 3rd party POI files to the Premium using the My Drive Website, logging into you account and adding them to your Account. They then Sync to the Device when it subsequently logs in.

Regarding returns you will need to speak to Tomtom Customer Support.

With so many working from home there is no Phone line Customer Service so you need to contact via Chat

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If the above does not work try another Browser.

Doug