No map available on TomTom GO 500 — TomTom Community

No map available on TomTom GO 500

Hello everybody. I have a blocked TomTom Go500 - a map has been damaged. There is no more map in the navigator and it cannot recognize the card. I cannot install the available maps because the available space is very small: only 122 mb. I tried to delete the installed entries to free up space but Mydrive is blocked because it just says there is no space on the device and it DOES NOT MAKE ME DO ANYTHING: made 1,000 attempts even with assistance. I asked to provide me with a small map (less than 122 mb) but they gave me one of only Italy but it is 812 mb. I read somewhere in fact that someone had the same problem as me and the Support solved it by uploading a small map to them to get around the problem that the card is not recognized until at least one map (now absent) is loaded on the device but in fact I only have 122 mb: how can I do?
Can you help me please? Thanks so much!

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,261
    Superuser
    edited February 21 Accepted Answer
    Hi @RobertoRM

Let us see if @VikramK can sort this out tomorrow when he is back on the forum. Look back here to see what he has to say.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,219 Moderator
    edited February 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi @RobertoRM
    A smaller map of Venezuela has been activated on your account. This should get installed on the internal memory. As per my team, there is around 6GB of internal memory available.

If you wish to install the full map of Europe then you will need an SD card of 16GB(Class 10).

Thanks, Vikram
    Superuser
    edited February 25 Accepted Answer
    Hi @RobertoRM

Try again a little later and report back here. Also if you have already installed an Extra memory card then try removing it.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    edited February 21 Accepted Answer
    Hi @RobertoRM

Let us see if @VikramK can sort this out tomorrow when he is back on the forum. Look back here to see what he has to say.

Doug
  • RobertoRMRobertoRM Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks!
    edited February 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi @RobertoRM
    A smaller map of Venezuela has been activated on your account. This should get installed on the internal memory. As per my team, there is around 6GB of internal memory available.

If you wish to install the full map of Europe then you will need an SD card of 16GB(Class 10).

Thanks, Vikram
    Good morning. Thanks but I don't see the map. The situation is always the same as until yesterday: only 123 mb available and only 2 maps, one Europe of 8262 mb and one Italy 812
    Superuser
    edited February 25 Accepted Answer
    Hi @RobertoRM

Try again a little later and report back here. Also if you have already installed an Extra memory card then try removing it.

Doug
    Hello. I solved thanks to the small map: I could install the map on the device and consequently the device recognized the SD card again. Thanks so much!! =)
    Superuser
    HI @RobertoRM

Glad you are sorted. Keep the Venezuela map on the unit as although you already have 2 maps it will help ensure you are able to run the unit normally if you have an issue with the Card and the other 2 maps.

Doug
    @RobertoRM
    I’m glad to hear you got it sorted! :D
    When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark your topic as solved so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.
    Thank you, Vikram