What is this message and how do I solve the problem? — TomTom Community

What is this message and how do I solve the problem?

PeteSmPeteSm Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]

Comments

• PeteSmPeteSm Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So when I try to do what is suggested (on a Macbook), the card isn't recognised, and I don't have a backup. I've purchased Live and the latest maps, but I just cannot get the maps onto the card.
    I've tried using a different formatted 4GB SD card, but I still get the same error message. It's getting ridiculous now. I've read elsewhere that it is a problem associated with having a Mac, but I don't have access to Windows to solve this. Is there any way that TomTom can provide a live webchat for customer support? The chatbot is hopeless.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,666
    Superuser
    edited February 24
    Hi @PeteSm

What map are you proposing to use the card for as if it is say the Europe map it will not go on the card as it is over 8gb. The map must all be either on the internal memory or the extra memory card not split between them.

Doug
    @DougLap UK mapping only. This is for a Mazda NB1 built in system, not a bolt-on.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,950
    Superusers
    edited February 25
    Hi
    @PeteSm
    Welcome to the site....
    PeteSm wrote: »
    (Snip) Is there any way that TomTom can provide a live web chat for customer support? The chatbot is hopeless.

Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

(1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM