Slow update on new TomTom GO 6200 — TomTom Community

Slow update on new TomTom GO 6200

hi i bought a TomTom go 6200 its slow when uesing it update are slow even on home internet and it wont except a sd card suported one or not where can i get the help needed

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,169
    Superuser
    Hi @mbooboo1974

What is the speed of your Wifi

Regarding the SD card what GB size is the card. Are you fully inserting the card in the slot. You need to push it in gently until it clicks then release it and it will very very slightly spring back out.

Try taking the card out and restarting the GO6200 then insert the card when the unit is working and it should ask about formatting it.

Is the Card a major manaufacurers such as Sandisk, Samsung as some of the lesser known cards have had issues.

It will not work with an SD card that has been used for maps in another Tomtom unit as the maps are tied to the Serial number of the TT unit they were supplied with bought for.

Doug
  • mbooboo1974mbooboo1974 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    hi Doug yes done all the restart and I've got as TomTom recomended sd card and theat don't work so just don't understand why when uesing the TomTom and u tap the menu tab it takes a few secound to load same when u want to search a post code all my other TomTom i have had have been quick not as slow as this one
    Superuser
    Hi @mbooboo1974

What do you mean by a Tomtom recommended card?

Doug
  • mbooboo1974mbooboo1974 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    TomTom recomended a sd card called micro sd/ sdhc 4 8 16 or 32gb card
    Superuser
    hi @mbooboo1974

What Make did you get and I would suggest the 16gb or 32 gb is what you should get the others could not take the latest Europe map.

If you can insert it into your PC then I would FUL not quick format it to FAT32

Doug