Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation - Page 8 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation

Comments

• Giuseppe68Giuseppe68 Posts: 75 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    thanks for the help, I had to contact the person who sent me the email to join the beta tester as martin.armstrong advised me, and he sent me a new link, and I managed to update the application, now I have the 2.7.1
  • enantioenantio Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi at all.
    I would like to become a beta tester to finally be able to use the TomTom Go Navigation subscription also with Android Auto. How should it be done? It's the only app I use and it would be perfect if I could get it on Android Auto too. Thank you
  • limingliming Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also want to become beta tester and I wrote a email to TomTom, here is the replay content...

"As early access partners, GO Navigation will release Android Auto functionality to beta testers by end of mid March 2021. We will share more information as it becomes available.Currently, we are not taking any beta tester request. Once it's available, you will get notified by us via e-mail."

I hope it's real and I could become a beta tester in mid March 2021.
    Finger cross!
  • kamalaggikamalaggi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I received invitation to join beta today. When I try and download it I get error saying not available in your country. I live in the UK.
  • EldewyEldewy Posts: 30 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    kamalaggi wrote: »
    I received invitation to join beta today. When I try and download it I get error saying not available in your country. I live in the UK.

Same thing happened to me. It says the google group invitation link is expired and on Play Store says not available in your country (Germany).
  • BoefjeNLBoefjeNL Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    edited February 23
    I got an invation too, but it says: not available for your device(s) OR not available in your country (Netherlands!) . That's very weird as Tomtom is a Dutch company 😂

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ running the Go Navigation already. Do I first have to connect to Android Auto to download this version of the beta app? Thanks for your help!
    no, the app must be downloaded to your device, then android Auto sees it automatically.
    I tested TT today, and as usual and 2 notches higher than the apps for AA, I found two improvements to be modified 1 speed camera warnings the distance is not displayed on the screen as in AmiGo, but only audio. 2 the panorama or guide mode, should always remain in the choice made, instead it always starts from panorama ..
    edited February 23
    Giuseppe68 wrote: »
    no, the app must be downloaded to your device, then android Auto sees it automatically.
    👍
    Then we have still the not available in your country (Netherlands) issue... 🤔 Any advice is welcome 🤗
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,419
    Community Manager
    Who did you get this invitation from? As far as I know, our beta test program is full.
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Who did you get this invitation from? As far as I know, our beta test program is full.

Sent you a PM. Don't wanna disclose personal names on public forum.
  • kamalaggikamalaggi Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited February 23

Hi Jurgen,

Gxxxx Sxxxxxx send me this invitation.
  • RonaldM01RonaldM01 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    BoefjeNL wrote: »
    👍
    Then we have still the not available in your country (Netherlands) issue... 🤔 Any advice is welcome 🤗

Hi all new beta testers, if you received an invitation after filling out the the (old) application form like me. You will have to wait for your application has been processed by Google. For me it took about an hour before I could download the beta version. I received the same error at first 'not available in your country (Netherlands)'. Now I am driving around with the beta version. Sometimes my phone freezes up and once my whole car system froze up. But hey that's beta testing 😅
    RonaldM01 wrote: »
    👍

Hi all new beta testers, if you received an invitation after filling out the the (old) application form like me. You will have to wait for your application has been processed by Google. For me it took about an hour before I could download the beta version. I received the same error at first 'not available in your country (Netherlands)'. Now I am driving around with the beta version. Sometimes my phone freezes up and once my whole car system froze up. But hey that's beta testing 😅

I can confirm the same. What helped me was to leave the Beta program and then rejoin. 5 minutes later, the app was available.
    edited February 23
    I don't want to take the risk to quit the beta program and not be able to rejoin if I am honnest. The link in the invitation expires after time so... ;)

I was immediately accepted in the program by Google after clicking on the invite email 5 hours ago. "Welcome in the beta program".

Only the link to the beta app still results in not available in your country... (Netherlands) .

I tested the app on a drive today and I have to say I am really impressed! It is is significantly more stable than AmiGO Beta with AA. Unlike some of the reports here, I have witnessed neither audible nor visual issues. But once again that is just one drive :lol:, so still need to test more.

I had one crash though, but the cool thing is that TomTom GO, unlike AmiGO restarts itself after a crash which is much safer when driving.

It was sadly an unprovoked crash so cannot report much to the developers, but I turned all telemetry options on, so hopefully for such crashes they can get a log/trace to analyze.

oijyf2xxi9ey.jpg
    u4jb6p9facqn.jpg
    everything works..
    I noticed that the traffic line is not well highlighted in red as in the cel app, in the box at the bottom right it does not indicate the minutes in red in case of traffic, but it always remains white.
  • FrupFrup Posts: 17 [Legendary Explorer]
    I was immediately accepted in the program by Google after clicking on the invite email 5 hours ago. "Welcome in the beta program".

Only the link to the beta app still results in not available in your country... (Netherlands) .

Same here, not available in the Netherlands.
    the direction of the arrow is not towards north, both in panning and driving and also at the end of navigation, in Android Auto.
    sorry question, where do you communicate developer feedback? thank you
    z5caqzd0i68a.jpg
    sorry question, where do you communicate developer feedback? thank you

In the email you got with the invitation, there should have been a Google group invitation as well.

If you have any findings, you should post it there.
  • RonaldM01RonaldM01 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited February 24

@Giuseppe68 and other testers looking for a place to post feedback on the beta version:
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    Is there actually a special beta forum?
    we appreciate if you give feedback here on this forum. It would help us if you can add your phone model, Android version and in case of Android Auto, either the car model and year of make for solutions that came built-in with the car or the in-dash system specs for after-market solutions.

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,419
    Community Manager
    Eldewy wrote: »
    I had one crash though, but the cool thing is that TomTom GO, unlike AmiGO restarts itself after a crash which is much safer when driving.
    Please make sure that in Settings > Other > Privacy, Help us improve is enabled. This sends us an anonymised log in case the app crashes.

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category2

Jagacham
Jagacham
Jarski
Jarski