Go Essential remove charging station update/add — TomTom Community

Go Essential remove charging station update/add

Hi, I keep getting prompted to update/add an item called "charging station" (91MB) v21. I can't get rid of it and deselecting the update/add just reverts to a nag for update when I back out of the screen. Is there a way to remove this particular POI or addition? I have 4Gb free, but I don't want the item and I'm sick of going into update just to find it's this same stupid thing and not an update i actually need. Driving me nuts, any help appreciated.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,708
    Superuser
    Hi @Sketco

You can stop the Charger Stations appearing on the Map by going to Settings/Appearance/ Show POI's on Map and clicking on Charger Stations and selecting Hide.

You could try Contacting Customer Support via Chat and see if they can stop you being sent the updates. I think there may have been a recent change which means they will not be able to do this but it is worth a try.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

Doug
  • SketcoSketco Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Doug,
    Much appreciated. All understood re hiding the POI's. I just don't want the 95MB of unused clutter on my device. I'll try your suggestion with support, but you don't seem hopeful. Thanks anyway, kind of you to reply.