TomTom Rider 500 does not mostly shown unpaved/white roads — TomTom Community

TomTom Rider 500 does not mostly shown unpaved/white roads

PteroisPterois Posts: 9 [New Seeker]
edited February 22 in RIDER
Hello, I need help which I think it is the same problem Arkanomal is talking about in this post. I have Tom Tom Rider 500 with 20.100.0001.411(0) software version and, the Europe Map, version 1.065.10748 (01/2021). Free space 4.81 Gb of internal memory. The unpaved "white roads" have mostly disappeared in the overall territory. When I do zoom in, I can´t see them and, even, I had some POIs recorded that now, they are located in the middle of nowhere... because of the white road are not just shown. I have done two "factory recover" without any success. Moreover, my friend have also the same rider 500 and, today, he can see the white unpaved roads without any problems. I notice of the problem when we were comparing the maps riding in the morning. I do not know what I can do to solve this problem.

Can someone help me with this? Thanks friends. I wish the attached images would be enough to show graphically the issue.-

TomTom MyDrive > [img][/img]BMQPPI3.jpg

Corresponding image in Rider 500 > 6o22jtz.jpg
and with more zoom in > 0IqTLpM.jpg

Second example with this lack of white roads in this are (when I was riding in the morning) - FIRST, in the TomTom My Drive software > [img][/img]TLDsHur.jpg

Now, in the Rider 500 > gNgaVVG.jpg

Comments

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 674 [Revered Pioneer]
    Yes. MyDive has a more detailed map.
    Most of this small white roads are to small and bad quality to use for navigation.
    The Map on the Rider has a compatible detail level as the Michelin maps and more detailed level than the Here maps most competitors use.

For small unsaved roads and off-road GPX Tracks the OSmAnd+ app is nice as second screen.

See comparable discusions.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1130093/tomtom-mydrive-and-rider-450-better-maps-with-white-unpaved-roads#latest
    Dutch;
    https://forum.gps.nl/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=51340
  • PteroisPterois Posts: 9 [New Seeker]
    Yes, but why? Has it happened in the last Europe versión? As I told my friend has the same Rider 500 and map (Europe) and he can see the white roads without any problem. He has a previous version. IS normal in the last version? I have not found any explanation and I do not know how to solve this.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,635
    Superuser
    Hi @Pterois

What map version has you colleague got on his GO500 as I assume he has an earlier version and has not updated it yet. I have the GO Camper unit and with the latest map version the roads you are talking about are not present there either. If I download the latest Iberian map for Spain and Portugal the roads are present.

Doug
    Hi @DougLap and thanks for trying to help me. I think I do not understand well your post... I have the last Europe update (ver 1.065.10748 (01/2021)) and I can not see mostly of the white roads in Rider 500 indepently the zoom in applied. My friend has a previous version of the same Europe map, exactly ver. 1050.10249 (04/2020) and he can see the majority of white roads. In the same place, he sees the roads and I do not. Moreover, I remember I could see them but I don't remember when I did not exactly start seeing them. I do not know if this problem is relative to the last version because I have restarted the unit with the "factory reset" option and I have the same results-.
    Superuser
    Hi @Pterois

Thank you for the map version information. This suggests that the v1.065 Europe map which has just been released has had the small road data you are interested in removed at some time since the v1.050 map was issued which is a few months ago. The Iberian map v1.065 that has just been released has got the small road data present . As I said the GO Camper , and when I check also the GO5200, v1.065 maps also does not show the roads you refer to.

Doug
    hi again @DougLap, So, now MUST I BUY the Iberian map 1.065 to have the white unpaved road ?
    Dear friends, I can confirm that if you install the SOUTH EUROPE ZONE (free) I can NOW see the white roads again. I have just downloaded and it is now ok !. I think the complete Europe map has less resolution than the different parts of it. I have not changed the map version. I am using the last 1.065ver. So, this problem has been solved.
    Dear friends, I can confirm that if you install the SOUTH EUROPE ZONE (free) I can NOW see the white roads again. I have just downloaded and it is now ok !. I think the complete Europe map has less resolution than the different parts of it. I have not changed the map version. I am using the last 1.065ver. So, this problem has been solved.
    Superuser
    Hi @Pterois

Unlike the GO550 which has the World Maps therefore you could download it for free the GO500 only comes with the Europe map and lifetime updates. To get the Iberian map you will need to buy it unless @VikramK is able to add it to your account to enable you to have 2 maps on the unit. Having 2 maps helps to avoid the possibility of the No Map Found scenario should you have an issue during updating which you should done at a time and the Europe map is lost at the second map enables you to run the unit normally and reload the lost map.

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @Pterois

Glad you are sorted. I will have to remember that .

Doug
    Superuser
    HI @Pterois

This a Google earth picture of one of the Roads you say is missing on the latest map. I am wondering why they were there in the first place on maps for Cars etc.

r0fj7oqj433v.png

😱😱

Doug