Free maps on TomTom device — TomTom Community

Free maps on TomTom device

camryman888camryman888 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
edited February 25 in Map installation
hi, my cousin sent me 2 units of tomtom from america which he got from a flea market there, the seller said that he could change the map from america/mexico to asia pacific especially philippines for free, since i am not working now due to end stage kidney failure, i tried tinkering this tomtom, but no free philippine map can be found, was he duped by the seller from american which he bought the unit? its a tomtom 4EV52 Z1230 and 4EF00

Best Answer

• camryman888camryman888 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    thank you vikram, lesson learned, never buy from garage sale or flea markets even if they say it can be, thank you, anyways my car already have gps installed in stereo head unit, or better yet use waze for live traffic updates =) thank you and be safe and be blessed to you and your loved ones =)

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 551 [Revered Pioneer]
    check customer care if device come with world free maps
    possible also to buy https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/travel-map/south-east-asia/
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,037
    Superusers
    edited February 21
    Hi
    camryman888
    Welcome to the site....
    What are the 1st 2 characters of the devices serial number ???

This video shows you where to find the serial number of your navigation device.
    Your serial number can be found on a barcode sticker on the outside of your device, and in this video, we show you several locations where you can find this sticker.

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited February 23
    Model: 4EV52 Z1230
    SN: BMxxxxxG03890
    thank you for helping and replying to my query =)

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,417 Moderator
    Hi @camryman888
    Welcome to the community! I reviewed your TomTom account and I see the device does not come with the embedded services for lifetime maps. Also, the model does not come with world maps.

Regards, Vikram

Accepted Answer
    thank you vikram, lesson learned, never buy from garage sale or flea markets even if they say it can be, thank you, anyways my car already have gps installed in stereo head unit, or better yet use waze for live traffic updates =) thank you and be safe and be blessed to you and your loved ones =)