My GO 620 will not reset — TomTom Community

My GO 620 will not reset

my go 620 will not reset I have been trying for 3 months
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,572
    Superuser
    Hi @michaeR1

Do you mean a Soft Reset where you press the button until you hear the Drumroll sound or a Factory Reset where you have to set the unit up as you did first out if the box.

Doug
  • michaeR1michaeR1 Posts: 13 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @DougLap
    no i have two screens and a red cross btween themi have been trying without sucsess to do a hard reset i get to the black screen with white writing but it dose not matter how east or slow i press the power button 3 times it just switches off and powers back up and returns to the two screens with a red cross it will not update when conected to the PC just get the same screen.

Mick
    Superuser
    edited February 20
    Hi @michaeR1

Ah if you have got the 2 screens it is probably gone into the Recover my Device setting and needs to be connected to your PC which has got My Drive Connect running. You need to leave it connected until either it sorts itself out or it times out on the server.

Lets know how you get on and if you are still stuck then we can ask @VikramK to review your units logs on the TT servers and advise.

Doug

ps here is a link to the video that shows you what you would have to do if you were trying to run the process. In your case it seems to have gone into the process itself

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1
  • michaeR1michaeR1 Posts: 13 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Doug
    this is what I have been trying to do for three months, when I connect the device to the computer it starts to start up then switches off then starts again its like ground hog day same thing over and over again without getting any farther, for the last 3 months

mick
    Superuser
    Hi @michaeR1

Okay let us see what @VikramK has to say on Monday. Look back here then.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    @michaeR1
    Hi Mick
    A recover mode is something I would have suggested as well. Since it did not help, my advice would be to contact our customer service to report the issue.

Helpful link-https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Regards, Vikram