Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation - Page 7 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation

Comments

• martin.armstrongmartin.armstrong Posts: 43 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    The recorded voices are much smaller files so maybe they were downloaded properly!
  • lluiscnlluiscn Posts: 35 [Legendary Explorer]
    With "alerts only" setting, a warning sounds for each maneuver. With "silent" settings alerts sound, radar for example.
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 97 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Yesterday on a route of 40min suddenly I get alert sound for speedcam 3 times and then instructions failed sometimes like:
    After 800m turn...
    100 left

So words where missing in sentence.
    First time and app was open and in foreground.
  • EldewyEldewy Posts: 30 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited February 16
    Does anyone happen to know if they are taking in more beta testers in Germany?

I used the link mentioned in an earlier post here to apply for the program but haven't gotten any feedback. I am an automotive SW developer & I think I would make a not too shabby beta tester :wink:
  • OldaceOldace Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Eldewy - Don’t despair… I applied via the given link. On the 1st of February Jurgen announced “Our closed beta group is currently full.” Oh well.
    About 10 days later I received an e-mail invitation to join the group. I almost deleted the e-mail as Spam because I didn’t recognize the sender. I am in Australia and am not sure if invitations are based on geographic location. Keep an eye out for the invitation.
    @Oldace Thanks for the reply!

Oh my oh my 10 days :astonished: .

After the registration they mentioned that if you don't receive feedback in 48 hours, you should contact them on their email address. That's why I thought it should be pretty fast.

But it seems that I have to keep waiting.
    turn by turn voice assistant using computer voice stopped working direct on phone (tested using 'Play Route Preview' after having input a route at home before going to car). Had to reset app to get it working again.

TT GO Beta Version 2.7.11 develop (3836)
    AA Version 6.0.615334
  • Giuseppe68Giuseppe68 Posts: 75 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    hello, I'm a beta tester, but I don't see the app on android auto, can you tell me why.
    edited February 19
    Sorry I have the beta version 1.9.6

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian!
    edited February 19
    9ld7os9qniiw.jpg
    Sorry and this the Beta app ??

@Giuseppe68
    It has to have a version number of at least 2.6 to be supporting android auto and that version was only released a few weeks ago.
    edited February 19
    Thanks, but is the release automatic on the play store ??

edited February 19
    Sorry weird that I don't have the update like you ..
    edited February 19
    Giuseppe68 wrote: »
    Thanks, but is the release automatic on the play store ??

This is a closed beta program. You won't find it on play store. You have to get the download link of the beta version from TomTom themselves.
    edited February 19
    Giuseppe68 wrote: »
    Is there a way to ask the TT ??

Someone shared a link to apply for the program earlier in this thread.

You can give it a shot.
    edited February 19
    I have been beta since December, but I have the application stopped at 1.9.6
    edited February 19
    What I was wondering, how long does it take before TT updates the app from 1.9.6 to xxx?

@Giuseppe68
    the icon in the photo seems to be the one of the beta version. I got the beta also sometime in november and it had a similar version no. to yours, then early january it updated to, I think, 2.5 which did not have AA then late in January updated to 2.6 which has AA. The updates came with the normal updates. Try sending message to @Jürgen on this forum (maybe a private message), he is an administrator for the forum and might be able to solve your problem with the updates.
  • HansMRoeper_002HansMRoeper_002 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Come on! Make me a tester to! I want TomTom in my car!
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,433
    Community Manager
    Our closed beta group is currently full. Rest assured we are working with our current beta testers to deliver Android Auto to production as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
    Jurgen gentilmente sa dirmi perché la mia app beta non si aggiorna alla 2.6, ma è rimasta alla 1.9.6.. grazie
    When I plan a route using tomtom mydrive in internet with stopover-points and store in mydrive, when I load the route from mydrive in either the production version or the beta version of Tomtom Go, the route is displayed as a continuous route without stopover-points.
    However with one route in the beta version it did activate the function to re-order the stopover-points, and the stopover-points were then displayed in this function and I was able to re-order them. This seems to me to be not optimal and I would like to always see the stopover-points and be able to re-order or delete them. I have not tested it but theoretically if the desired stopover-points are not known by Tomtom GO then a faster route could be chosen automatically which does not go via the stopover points, or does Tomtom GO rigidly stick to the route, but that would not be ideal because one would want to take the fastest route between the originally envisaged stopover-points. Is there somebody who has experience with using routes from mydrive?

TT GO Beta Version 2.7.11 develop (3836)
    AA Version 6.0.615334
    edited February 22
    pwikhvou4s2z.jpg

Sorry they made me beta testers by making me download this app, but in my opinion not the TT beta x android Auto app .. right ??

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)
    @Giuseppe68
    As I said in a previous message, the icon for the app in your photo is the same as the one for my beta version and is different from that of the production version.
    The email which I received, telling me I was in the beta group, contained the email address of the person who put me in the group. If that is true also in your case, then send him an email, preferably in english, telling him about your update problem. Hopefully you will get a response!
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,433
    Community Manager
    @Giuseppe68
    That screenshot shows an Install button. Tapping that should install the beta app. As martin.armstrong said, the icon is the one of the beta app.

Also, tap the three buttons in the top right. You should have an option to enable auto-update.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category1

JardaBar
JardaBar