Update failed on TomTom GO 6200 Professional — TomTom Community

Update failed on TomTom GO 6200 Professional

I'm trying to update my satnav Version 20.100.0001.411 also the Map Update: Europe Truck. I have tried through the wifi capability of the sat nav and also through my drive via a laptop. And both methods create the ror message update failed. And to use the automated chatbot function on the tom tom website which is useless. Anyone shed any light on the poblem?

Thanks in advance Jack

Comments

• AndrewRHAndrewRH Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited February 17
    Alas, my 5100 even with the SD card removed, repeatedly states "Update failed" on its screen and "Sorry, Some items weren't updated" on MyDrive Connect.

I was attempting to update to Nav4 v20.100.0001.311.

(aside: tried the online support chat bot on the TomTom website and its advice to 'try a soft restart whilst the device is connected' directed me to a URL that said 'oops. The page doesn't exist').

Any help appreciated (am trying the TomTom twitter account now).
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,964
    Superuser
    Hi @AndrewRH

lets see if @VikramK confirms trying a "Recover your Device" which would be a normal possible solution only as you were doing Nav4 update there may be a different option. Look back here later.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @Jbrown93

Did you made sure that only the Nav update is ticked and all other available updates have been deselected before you started the update routine.

Doug
  • Jbrown93Jbrown93 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug. I did yes judging by the size of the Europe map update i think i'll need to use a SD card to cater for that update. So i onyl selected the option for the Nav update.

Jack
    Superuser
    Hi @Jbrown93

As the GO6200 Pro is only supplied with the Truck Eropean map as it has 16gb of internal memory then unless you have added other maps there should not be a need for an Extra memory card. The updating of the map will initially delete the existing map to make space for the new versions it will only need enough extra memory for the difference in map size.

Let us see what @VikramK has to say re the Nav4 update issue as that you must do first. It maybe that you you need to do the Recover my Device option. Look back here to see what he has to say.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,892 Moderator
    Hi @Jbrown93 & @AndrewRH

Our team is aware of the problem and the investigation is underway.

I will post back once I have an update to share.
    Apologies for the inconvenience.

~ Vikram