Battery on TomTom Runner 3 — TomTom Community

Battery on TomTom Runner 3

Joerg_Geerke_1Joerg_Geerke_1 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Battery status shows that it is fully loaded. After 30 minutes watch shows that battery is empty. After 5 minutes of loading, status shows that battery is again fully loaded.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,776
    Superusers
    The battery is depleted and can no longer hold a charge. You can replace the battery yourself by googling instructions, getting specialized tools, sourcing the battery and welding the new battery in, but that is a lot of work. Since TT does not offer a repair service and that product was discontinued years ago (TT Sports went out of business over 3 years ago) it may be time for a new watch. There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.
  • Joerg_Geerke_1Joerg_Geerke_1 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks a lot. I did a complete restart of the watch and will check if this helps. If not, I will buy a new one. I was wondering that TT itself is not offering sport watches anymore but they are still available in shops for full prices. So, it seems to be better to switch to another brand.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,776
    Superusers
    Thanks a lot. I did a complete restart of the watch and will check if this helps. If not, I will buy a new one. I was wondering that TT itself is not offering sport watches anymore but they are still available in shops for full prices. So, it seems to be better to switch to another brand.

They should not be in shops as TT recalled all items years ago. Any you find in shops are at least 3 years old and obsolete and should be avoided.