Help with road coloring — TomTom Community

Help with road coloring

uklee1uklee1 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited February 22 in GO Discover
Hi

I always understood the road would be shown red when there was a delay/jam in traffic. yesterday I was on a road that is a average speed the white bar displayed on the right to inform me, but the road was coloured red when there wasn't any traffic issues.

Thanks in advance for any info.

leefhysct2h5vu1.jpeg
0eyoh9litc71.jpeg
7j6zzxynic6z.jpeg

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,603
    Superuser
    Hi @uklee1

The Discovery units display like that as the Red line is highlighting there is something specific to the that section of the road and the Route Bar then shows the Average Speed info.

Doug
  • uklee1uklee1 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you Doug, very kind of you. is there a icon/colouring status anywhere. Today the was agreed and black chevron displaying for the app side of the road, heaven know what that means.

So what colour is displayed when there is traffic or a jam?

Lee
  • uklee1uklee1 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    is there a page this define what the various colours and icon mean? what does the black and grey mean?

y5aymdozopg5.jpeg
    Superuser
    Hi @uklee1

I am not aware that there is any documentation available yet showing the the various display meanings. I think you will find that the instance you have highlighted is saying the other carriageway is slow because of an issue or there are roadworks on it so may for example be 50mph rather than the normal70mph.

If you look across the junction there is Red and Yellow in the the display. The yellow has some Hatching in it so I think that may indicate road works and the Red indicates very slow or traffic at a Standstill.

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @uklee1

Have a look on page 23 of the Phone App as that may give some idea of what they may be.

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_Navigation_for_Android/refman/Tomtom GO Global Android v1.0-en-gb.pdf

Doug
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,506
    Superusers
    You can scroll on the display to the beginning of the hatching. There you should see an icon with the reason.
    Alternatively, you can look in the MyDrive app or MyDrive Web to see what the cause is.
    But I would also think it is road work