How do I report road updates that arent showing on the device? — TomTom Community

How do I report road updates that arent showing on the device?

ParcelgiantParcelgiant Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
I regularly travel along A14 in Cambridgeshire, the A14 between Cambridge UK and Huntingdon UK has been changed since May 2020 but hasnt been updated on devices yet
Tagged:

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,730
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Parcelgiant

Glad you are sorted. Don't forget to look back her tomorrow to see if @VikramK or @lampard have added a small map to your account as it is a good idea to have the second small map on the unit as well. Always do your updates one at a time and then if you have an issue that results in you losing the main map the small map will enable you to run the unit normally and reload the lost map.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,252
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Parcelgiant
    The 1060 is the latest Map version....
    Have you rechecked the A14.....

ATB YFM

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @Parcelgiant

What map version do you have on your unit as the new road is on mine.

Doug
  • ParcelgiantParcelgiant Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Map version is 1025.9402
    I have just seen on the device that the map I have on the device is dated 01/2019, I will uninstall the map and download the latest version, would have thought when the map updates when I connect it up to the computer that it would install the latest, but obviously not
    The only version available for my device is 1025, My model number is 4FL60, how do i get a more up to date map?
    Superusers
    edited February 13
    Hi
    @Parcelgiant
    Welcome to the site....

What are the 1st 2 characters of the devices serial number ???
    If its....
    'QQ' it's a TomTom GO 6000 / 6100 4FL6.001.00 8GB

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    The 1st 2 letters are QQ
    Superusers
    edited February 13
    Hi
    @Parcelgiant
    'QQ' is a TomTom GO 6000 / 6100 4FL6.001.00 8GB

Maybe useful....
    The early 8GB NAV4 devices... The Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the 8GB NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....

The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 8.6GB
    I do not think you will find enough space deleting files to install the full Europe Map... The device also uses the onboard Memory for the Operating System + 400MB is used for working space and is considered the bare minimum free space for the device to operate....

@VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators will pick this up on Monday and add a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

For More Info & Options See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I have a 64gb Micro SD card fitted, so space shouldnt be an issue
    Superuser
    edited February 13
    Hi @Parcelgiant

Tomtom list the maximum size Micro SD Class 10 card for their unit is 32GB which when you install in the unit you need to format it for maps.

Doug
    Superusers
    edited February 14
    Hi
    @Parcelgiant
    Have you formatted the Micro SDHC Memory card using the Tomtom proprietary format for Maps...
    1st format the Card FAT32... Insert the memory Card the device... The device should sense the new card and offer to format the card using the Tomtom proprietary format... Use the Format option for Maps....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I already have the card installed and formatted and part in use with 58000mb available
    Superusers
    edited February 14
    Hi
    @Parcelgiant
    Tomtom only recommend a Branded Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory card 32GB MAX
    You must be formatting the 64GB memory card to FAT32 with a none standard 3rd Party Formatting tool ??? The 64GB SDXC cards are normally Formatted exFAT ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I now have v1060.10571 installed on my memory card, I have deleted the old UK map
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Parcelgiant

Glad you are sorted. Don't forget to look back her tomorrow to see if @VikramK or @lampard have added a small map to your account as it is a good idea to have the second small map on the unit as well. Always do your updates one at a time and then if you have an issue that results in you losing the main map the small map will enable you to run the unit normally and reload the lost map.

Doug
    Thanks to DougLap & YamFazMan for your help
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Parcelgiant
    The 1060 is the latest Map version....
    Have you rechecked the A14.....

ATB YFM