Android Auto & TomTom AmiGO - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom AmiGO

Comments

• EwaaEwaa Posts: 620 Moderator
    Hi all,

We are aware of the situation and are working on restoring beta soon!
    Apologies for the inconvenience.

BR Ewaa
  • MorphemeMorpheme Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Beta is back
  • MwsdudeMwsdude Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited January 31
    Morpheme wrote: »
    Beta is back

Beta is back yes , but doesn't start in my car on AA . Battery restrictions are off !
    Keep getting cirkel again. Only starts when i open the app on the phone ,then AA takes over on the screen..Xiaomi redmi note 7 , Android 10
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 91 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Just tested again.
    Now it start up fine by me, even when my phone is locked. It takes a couple of seconds to start (the blue circle is spinning on the car screen)and then it's ready.
    Things that I have problem with:

You must set the sound setting on normal(no hfp or use phone speaker toggle enabled) and the slider at 100% or I have no instructions at all.

But when I have set this on normal then I have still follow problems:

- On highway I get no instruction at all.
    - Other ways i get only early instructions(after 800m..., after 600m...)
    - It seems if the instruction is under 500m I don't get it.

Speed alerts and average speed control is working fine(visual and audio ).
    Recalculation is also working fine and fast.
    HD traffic is also working fine.

In case it my help to investigate my problem with the instructions:
    phone:
    Huawei P Smart Fig LX 1
    Android 9.1.0.216
    Bluetooth version 4.2

Car screen:
    Media Nav Evolution 1.0.13.3

App:
    Amigo beta 7.432.0(8341)

Android Auto 6.0.615334
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    Just tested again.
    Now it start up fine by me, even when my phone is locked. It takes a couple of seconds to start (the blue circle is spinning on the car screen)and then it's ready.

In my case thé blue cirkel stays. Just waited for 10 minutes !. Only starts if i unlock phone and open app on phone , then AA takes over..

• rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 91 [Supreme Trailblazer]

In my case thé blue cirkel stays. Just waited for 10 minutes !. Only starts if i unlock phone and open app on phone , then AA takes over..

[/quote]

In previous beta it was with me also the case. Now I see the app automatic startup on my phone(just the blue welcome screen) and when the circle stops spinning on the car screen, I see it disappear on my phone and then it works. Don't know what they changed. On my side I removed the app because it was not beta anymore and this morning I installed it again because beta was back.
    Maybe you can also try a reinstall. Don't know if that is the solution...
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,201
    Community Manager
    Mwsdude wrote: »
    In my case thé blue cirkel stays. Just waited for 10 minutes !. Only starts if i unlock phone and open app on phone , then AA takes over.
    I'm afraid this is a know issue - next to a black screen upon start-up.

• DonnyBoyDonnyBoy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi. Just tested for the first time. The only issue I had was the current road and the one I was going to join seemed to be the same all the time. Otherwise it was really good.
  • MastrovetrioMastrovetrio Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The program after the first start stops after about 2 minutes and then restarted it remains stable, the indications as already mentioned by another user stop at 400 meters while the gps position is not very precise when compared with maps. I haven't found if there is a setting to lower the volume of the music when speaking.
  • bmszabobmszabo Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    New user here, AA with S10+, stock v11.
    Beta works great -actually the first navigation system in the Netherlands WITH integrated speed control alerts on the AA (Gmap, Waze does not have it, Sygic beta should have it, but useless), great development!
    Amigo works fine on the AA, a quick test shows that it KNOWS speed control traps in the neighborhoud -making finally Flitsmeister obsolete; which is fine, as FM has no AA integration, yet.
    A few hick-ups:
    - I cannot force map to dark mode (like it more in the car, than the 'white' background). This is something what also GMap has; maybe an AA problem? Cleaning cache, re-installing Amigo does not solve the issue.
    - voice navigation. Pretty soft, cannot a find a way to turn it harder on; and sometimes voice is 'lost'. Turning navigation voice off and on (with the icon on the display) solves the issue.

Otherwise: GREAT; thanks for putting (good) navigation and speed control alerts into one app on the AA!
    Jürgen wrote: »
    In my case thé blue cirkel stays. Just waited for 10 minutes !. Only starts if i unlock phone and open app on phone , then AA takes over.
    I'm afraid this is a know issue - next to a black screen upon start-up.

No change in this problem after update from yesterday
    Update:
    With the new beta I can change voice volume with slider, great!
    However, no way to change map to night version - even re-installed AA, but does not help, neither. Please fix.
  • lluiscnlluiscn Posts: 35 [Legendary Explorer]
    When AA is turned off (the car is turned off or the cable is disconnected) the application is still running on the phone. Normally it would close as well.
  • FafafaFafafa Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I cant see the app on my AA. I tried the latest beta. It has a beta badge and the icon is red. Version 7.434 .0 The app is working but cant see it on AA.
  • DvODvO Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    First test drive with Android Auto.
    so far so good.
    Voice instructions not always accurate.
    Specially nearby turns.
    edited February 3
    lluiscn wrote: »
    When AA is turned off (the car is turned off or the cable is disconnected) the application is still running on the phone. Normally it would close as well.

Same problem. Need to cose the app on the phone when disconnect the cable.
    Morpheme wrote: »
    lluiscn wrote: »

Same problem. Need to cose the app on the phone when disconnect the cable.

Same here. But, mind it; I have the same problem with TuneIn radio and Waze; I think it is an AA problem, that AA does not shut down apps, when leaving AA. Don't know if TomTom can do something about it.

On the other hand I am happy with the 'BT autostart' functionality of TomTom Amigo; it means (I have to check it yet, if it works!), that I can have traffic speed alerts in my auto, even if I don't use TomTom Amigo for navigation during driving.
    This is how I used Flitsmeister; autostart on BT connection with the car -but FM only had audio alerts, through BT channel. I am curious, how this works with TomTom Amigo -when NOT using navigation during driving.
    In map mode (no 3d) the map is not locked on the car cursor. Also there is no zoom key
    Another problem is the twice voice indication
    edited February 9
    Am I the only one, who cannot switch to night (dark) mode maps in Android Auto?? I have tried everything I can think of; setting Amigo to night mode only, setting android auto to night mode only, force closing app, cleaning cache - but whatever I do maps remain in day (white) mode in the Amdroid Auto. Very annoying when driving at night.

Nobody with similar experience - and anybody with a fix, please?
  • FafafaFafafa Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I still cant see the app on Android Auto. Tried 7.440 and 7.434 versions with no luck.

Update:
    Installed version 7.445.0 (8471) today on Xiaomi Red mi note 7 , Android 10 but still have the circle that keeps spinning on AA (version 6.0615334). Only way to start it is to open the app on the phone then AA takes over.
    The actual speed is shown on AA , but allowed speed is stil a white dot (Works ok when using only the without AA).The sound when driving faster then allowed speed is ok , and also the colour of the icon changes into red.
    In the beta 7.445.0 the map is now locked on the car cursor. It would be nice to have allora the +/- bottone to zoom and a pan button too. My car display is not touch
  • kiajim46kiajim46 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited February 12
    Update:
    Installed version 7.445.0 (8471) today on Xiaomi Red mi note 7 , Android 10 but still have the circle that keeps spinning on AA (version 6.0615334). Only way to start it is to open the app on the phone then AA takes over.
    The actual speed is shown on AA , but allowed speed is stil a white dot (Works ok when using only the without AA).The sound when driving faster then allowed speed is ok , and also the colour of the icon changes into red.

I also have a Xiaomi mi 10T lite and I can't listen to Amigo x car speakers and I have it enabled on mobile.... as you have it set up. Thanks

Machine translated from Spanish
    Update:

f5vwxadk0k9l.jpg
    u4v0xdp1zzta.jpg

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0