No computer voices despite being chosen but NON computer voices all work — TomTom Community

No computer voices despite being chosen but NON computer voices all work

Brand new Premium x from amazon had a couple issues updating due to all controls being via the device even when connected by USB as my WiFi is rubbish first time I've gone to use it noticed no voice from Serena despite her being chosen all settings were checked and found all the non computer voices work fine ..... are the computer voices not preloaded? I have reset via soft reset and a full from the device and still no computer voices even if chosen any advice please.

Best Answer

• Solitary-TruckerSolitary-Trucker Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Problem now solved ..... Restored system software via the recovery mode and all voices now working

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,733
    Superuser
    Hi @Solitary-Trucker

Have you tried a Soft Reset.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

If that does not sort it then a Recover your device may sort it. The tricky bit is getting the timing of the 3 taps right.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,262
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Solitary-Trucker
    Here in the UK I use....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Language & Units....
    Language > English (United Kingdom)
    Country > United Kingdom

Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Voice....
    Choose a Voice > Serena

Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu)
    Are any 'Sound Icons' slashed through ??? It’s really easy to turn off a Sound Icon when swiping through the Menus

v412wdu3g07c.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi
    @DougLap
    tried all these different resets numerous times to no avail. Even when you select Serena there is no voice. I've checked UK for voice and keyboard all the.other suggestions from other posts in the forums. No slashes through any sound icons either

Only thing outstanding seems they might not be activated on my account
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,733
    Superuser
    edited February 15
    Hi @Solitary-Trucker

Lets see what @VikramK or @lampard suggest. Look back here to see what they have to say.

Doug
    Hi
    @YamFazMan

Regrettably as I said to DougLap I have tried all the different resets numerous times to no avail. Even when you select Serena there is no voice. I've checked UK for voice and keyboard all the.other suggestions from other posts in the forums. No slashes through any sound icons either

Only thing outstanding seems they might not be activated on my account
    Accepted Answer
    Problem now solved ..... Restored system software via the recovery mode and all voices now working