Speed limits wrong, cameras missing — TomTom Community

Speed limits wrong, cameras missing

EnBaxEnBax Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
There have recently been a lot of changes to the rules in London. I find that, two years on, 20mph zones are almost all still shown as 30s on my TomTom.

Now councils have brought in a variety of new hazards (LTNs), ranging from simply blocking roads with wooden boxes of soil, through to declaring that only residents can drive along certain roads and installing cameras to fine everyone else. TFL is also doing its best to stamp out driving by closing roads and making turns illegal.

Does TomTom plan to take account of this and update their maps? To what extent are they aware of/interested in changes in the various areas they cover?

Best Answers

• bastlebastle Posts: 48 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Accepted Answer
    @EnBax

You can try to report speed limits and cameras on mapshare reporter:
    https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare/

Nowadays it is worth to report. In my experience, they have add almost all speed limit I reported. But took around 6 month after they were delivered by a map update.

On Mapshare Reporter you can also see if they are already have changed the speed anyway. The Mpshare maps are at least 1-2 map updates ahaed of pnds in my experience.
    Accepted Answer
    The issues you are mentioned are very structural and London is not a small city.
    Somebody from the staff might could ask if maps department is aware of those changes since I have read this complaints about London changes some where as well.

@VikramK @Jürgen @lampard

Answers

Accepted Answer
    @EnBax

You can try to report speed limits and cameras on mapshare reporter:
    https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare/

Nowadays it is worth to report. In my experience, they have add almost all speed limit I reported. But took around 6 month after they were delivered by a map update.

On Mapshare Reporter you can also see if they are already have changed the speed anyway. The Mpshare maps are at least 1-2 map updates ahaed of pnds in my experience.
  • EnBaxEnBax Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Bastle, much obliged!

Sounds like it's a community effort. Now that they want me to start paying a subscription, I was hoping that TomTom had some organised way of keeping their system up to date, like Google Streetmap regularly walking the streets.

I'm going to try Waze.
    Accepted Answer
    The issues you are mentioned are very structural and London is not a small city.
    Somebody from the staff might could ask if maps department is aware of those changes since I have read this complaints about London changes some where as well.

@VikramK @Jürgen @lampard
  • EnBaxEnBax Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Bastle, if I'm going to start paying for it monthly, it needs to be correct!
  • SnapshangleSnapshangle Posts: 19 [Master Explorer]
    This has been a gripe for years but TomTom don't seem to be showing any inclination to update London mapping to reflect changed speed limits, low traffic neighbourhoods and school streets. If SatNav is promoted as improving safe driving, it seems particularly poor for mapping to persistently ignore such safety-related changes.

A comment from TomTom would be appreciated. And yes I know we can submit map updates, but my time for undertaking a one-man cartographical survey of the Metropolis is a little limited. I thought that's what mapping companies did.