Any help on why my Start 20 keeps crashing and restarting? — TomTom Community

Any help on why my Start 20 keeps crashing and restarting?

I regularly update the software but in the last year the Start 20 has been crashing and restarting frequently during routing and just general operation. It's become unusable on journeys. I've just updated the GPS fix, and tried reset by holding on button for longer than 10 seconds where it takes me to a black screen with white writing but don't know what to do after that.

Can anyone help please?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,220
    Superuser
    Hi @EMog

Re holding the the Button and getting a Black screen with white writing you are holding the button Too long. When you Press it you will first see Tomtom then the Drumroll sound and you should let the button go as soon as the Drumroll starts.

Doug
  • EMogEMog Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi @DougLap
    Thanks for the reply, and update on how to reset, but do you know how to fix this proeblem of it restarting itself, in frequently disconnects TMC receiver, and alternates between charging and not (it displays the message). I’ve tried different cable and I know it’s not that, it seemed better after a map update but today it has just a lot worse.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,220
    Superuser
    edited February 11
    Hi @EMog

if you have a Map on the internal memory and an Extra Memory card installed as well then try removing the Card.

How much free memory have you got on he internal memory. You need 400mb or more for best performance and if there is limited memory then that can cause issues.

Doug