Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation - Page 6 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation

Comments

• lluiscnlluiscn Posts: 32 [Master Explorer]
    From the list of My Places, only the first six entries appear.

Huawei P30 (ELE-L29) EMUI 10.1.0 and Renault Medianav Evolution
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 80 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited February 10
    Idd the list contains only six places. Also recent destinations is six and gas stations.

Update on my audio problem.
    After playing I found out when I open the app on my phone when connected I get a screen to unlock to ensure I'm not driving. When I do this then everything works. I get audio on my car speakers.
    When I first open the app and then connect to the car then it works also correct.
    So it seems somehow the app doesn't have permission for the audio when it's in the background or when my phone is locked.

Huawei p smart (fig lx1)
    Android 9.1
    Dacia duster 2020
    Media nav evolution
    Latest TT beta and AA version.
  • martin.armstrongmartin.armstrong Posts: 42 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    @Jürgen
    where is the best place to give feedback on TT beta, the private feedback on the google playstore page for the beta version or on this forum?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,113
    Community Manager
    @martin.armstrong Have you seen the last paragraph of this reply? https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1744486/#Comment_1744486
    Tip: If you go to Edit profile > Signature settings you can add the specs in your signature so you only need to edit them if the Android version or app version changes.
  • OldaceOldace Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Have only had the BETA App for 2 days but so far I am impressed.
    Looking forward to sidebar, if possible, and full list of "My Places".
    Community Manager
    Oldace wrote: »
    Looking forward to sidebar, if possible
    I'm afraid, at least at this point of time, there is no container in AA with an aspect ratio that suits the shape of our route bar. We will look into other ways to make the info from the route bar available.

• wurfuswurfus Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Route bar would be nice, it what makes me use TomTom Go and it's a big lost on AA Beta. I hope you'll find a solution :-)
    Anyway, it's great to have TomTom in AA!
    @Jürgen
    will private feedback via Google playstore reach the developers?
    Community Manager
    @Jürgen
    will private feedback via Google playstore reach the developers?
    Yes, the beta queue is monitored as well.
  • RonaldM01RonaldM01 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I am just added to the beta program, thank you! Tomorrow is the first test drive via Android Auto.
    @rabero1985
    I also have the problem with audio. I only hear navigation instructions in AA when the app is also running in foreground on the phone.

TT GO Beta Version 2.6
    AA Version 6.0.615334
    Just an idea/suggestion.
    Maybe you can use the same speed camera pop-up right frame from the amigo app to let in the navigation app also see the average speed and alerts. Maybe you can implent in this the route bar information that only let see the next upcoming item with the remaining km.

Also à question that comes up:
    I've set the setting for traffic jam on manual so that there will be asked to avoid traffic or not. But this is also in the route bar where you can tap another route that's faster. How will this behave in AA? With a pop-up, automatic Reroute or the app go into the traffic jam. Just wondering about this. Haven't had the chance to test this.
    Have had a good chance to try out the App today. My thoughts so far,
    Good, clean uncluttered screen.
    Smooth map following including around corners.
    Almost instant, sensible, route recalculation if turn instruction ignored.
    Good image, warning tone and voice warning of a Red Light camera.
    I live in a semi-rural area South of Perth, Western Australia so as yet have not had a chance to look at the traffic display or speed camera warnings.
    So far the App has worked flawlessly.
    No problem with freezing, shut downs or audio.
    Will be even better when the “Sidebar” information can be shown in some form.
    Very happy so far and it can only get better as it is developed further.
    Cheers, Oldace.

• RonaldM01RonaldM01 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    What a shame, after start up and calculating the route home Android Auto freezed up. Turned off the car and retried but again the navigation screen was frozen and Android Auto didn't respond. After a third try I switched to an alternative app (Sygic) and all worked well.
    For me the most important and desired functionality of the TT go app is seamless navigation.

With the TT go app just running on the phone, when you have started a navigation, including waypoints, if during pauses in the journey, for example at waypoints, the app is suspended or cleared from the active app tray or even if the phone is restarted, when the app is restarted it carries on navigating.

When the app also supports AA this seamless navigation is even more important because nearly always during pauses in a journey the phone will be disconnected from the car. When a route has been input, including waypoints, either directly on phone or under AA, it is important for me that the phone retains the details of the route so that regardless of whether navigation continues under AA or directly on the phone, it automatically resumes the route.

At the moment this seamless navigation when switching from phone to AA and vice versa does not always work with the beta version. I hope it is a high priority of the developers to get this working.

TT GO Beta Version 2.6
    AA Version 6.0.615334
    Just got a new update to 2.7.11 (3835). Don't know what changes.

Whilst playing around this morning I found that if I play a Route Preview on the phone and then plug the phone into AA it shows on the car head unit. A good way to look at the AA version in action.
    This comes in play store for what's new:
    updated next instruction panel
    New map style
  • BoefjeNLBoefjeNL Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is there still a place for the Beta? I have a Toyota Yaris Hybrid AA system.
    In the normal version of TT GO (2.3.5) when a waypoint/stop has been specified in a route, in the sub-menu under 'current route'' there is an entry which allows the next stop to be skipped.

In TT GO beta the menus have been altered so that there is no menu-point 'current route' and instead once a destination has been input there is a vertical line of dots in bottom right-hand corner of screen which when tapped on brings a number of options which does not include the possibility to skip the next stop, only the option to alter the order that they should be navigated to in the route. I would consider the need to skip the next stop is just as likely to be as useful as re-ordering the stops, if not more. Also under AA it is not possible to skip the next stop.

A simple solution which could be used for both the phone and AA would be a sub-menu which appears when the 'X' is selected to stop the route, where the first entry is for ending the route (default) and the second entry is to just delete the next stop.

TT GO Beta Version 2.7.11 develop (3836)
    AA Version 6.0.615334
    edited February 13
    When I select the human recorded voice Lucie I get instruction even when my phone is locked and tt is in the background. But the computer voice Ellen only works when the app is in the foreground....

Also see today the live lane guidance on highway. This works good in AA.

(average) Speed/réd light cameras are visible on the map and I get sound alert but there is no extra pop-up of it like in the app (right bar) or like the amigo app in AA. This should be handy if it can implent here also.
  • halberhalber Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Schließe mich rabero1985 an

Oneplus 6
    Android 10
    Seat Ateca 2021

• Mark56Mark56 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Good Day,

Just got a notice of a flash sale for a couple of units.

The model I currently have (VIA 620) was purchased when I had a prior car. Now I have a car with Android Auto and have been stuck using Google Maps.

Have a Hyundai Sonata and a Samsung J3 phone. Was wondering of the TomTom Go Navigation app is the one that will work with Android Auto? None of the TomTom apps in the Play Store indicate it works with Android Auto.

Also if this it the on that will work with Andriod Auto, is the Go Navigation app in the Play Store a beta version or is it a release version?

Thank you for any assistance.

Mark
    Gibsonia, PA
    @Mark56
    only the beta version of the Tomtom go app works with android auto so if you are not in the beta group then you will have to wait for the normal release. The AA beta release has only been out a few weeks.
  • diego1810diego1810 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Good afternoon I would like to join beta testing to have Android auto compatibility thank you
    Only 6 entries in recent destinations list under AA.

I cannot get the recorded voices to work in the beta version (on phone or under AA) or the release version 2.3.6. I'm not even sure they download properly because the downloads finish almost instantly and then when I try and use them the first computer voice in the list in the app is used to say ' You will reach your destination at .....' (sometimes chopped off before the end) and then subsequently no more turn-by-turn voice commands.

TT GO Beta Version 2.7.11 develop (3836)
    AA Version 6.0.615334