Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation - Page 5 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation

Comments

• halberhalber Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for the pictures
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,100
    Community Manager
    Our closed beta group is currently full. Rest assured we are working with our current beta testers to deliver Android Auto to production as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
  • Just1Just1 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited February 1
    :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Pleeeeeeeeease! @Jürgen
  • tackletarttackletart Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Seems there may not be a sidebar, ouch big loss. Its wide-screen there's loads of room, my phone is wide enough!
  • martin.armstrongmartin.armstrong Posts: 42 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    @ribero1985
    during a further test today:
    sidebar never appeared.
    lane assistent is displayed similar to display on phone.
    radar traps are displayed on map just as they are on phone but no audio warning came but that is presumably a bug.
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 72 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    @martin.armstrong
    Thank you for updating.
    Can't wait when it comes to production.
    Community Manager
    tackletart wrote: »
    Seems there may not be a sidebar, ouch big loss. Its wide-screen there's loads of room, my phone is wide enough!
    You're testing this at an early stage and some things are still on their way. ;)
    there IS an audio warning for radar traps in AA in tomtom go beta.
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 303 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    does the touchscreen work for moving map or selecting a place to drive to. can you drive to contacts and the correct distance displayed. does the search features work. as none of these worked on sygic which uses tomtom maps.
    @walkerx
    My car has no touch screen, instead a wheel and touch pad and there seems no way I can move or zoom the screen or mark a destination on it., maybe this will be in a future version, as google maps provides a move and zoom function for my car setup. Search in contacts not possible under AA as yet. The search function otherwise works but there are bugs there still to be ironed out.
  • kiajim46kiajim46 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited February 9
    After a minute or less of navigation, the image freezes on the screen of the car.

Machine translated from Spanish
  • lluiscnlluiscn Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    Beta app: Maria voice in Catalan is missing.
    Community Manager
    edited February 10
    lluiscn wrote: »
    I'm afraid that's a known issue. If this is a computer voice there might be a compatibility issue like with the German computer voice Anna.
    (GONAV-101)
    Beta 2.6 (3799)
    Thx for adding me BTW ;).

Just did a test drive. I don't get any audio in AA.
    I use the Dutch voice Ellen.
    Sound output : music channel
    I also tapped on all sounds in the 🔊 AA setting.

Android 9.1
    Huawei fig lx 1

Car: Media nav evolution

Besides that it worked very well. Fast (re) calculations of routes. Stable gps lock and smooth map following.

I also hope in a next stage you can implent somehow the right traffic bar and the average speed when you drive in a zone.
    edited February 10
    Is there actually a special beta forum?
    And come updates automatically because I don't see it in play store in beta menu.
  • halberhalber Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    edited February 10
    I don't understand, why it is so difficult, to integrate an existing App into AA. There is a good running version in carplay?
    sorry, I am a nerd
  • lluiscnlluiscn Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    I'm afraid that's a known issue. If this is a computer voice there might be a compatibility issue like with the German computer voice Anna.
    (GONAV-101)

It’s not a computer voice, it’s an recorded voice.
    Community Manager
    halber wrote: »
    I don't understand, why it is so difficult, to integrate an existing App into AA. There is a good running version in carplay?
    sorry, I am a nerd
    Apple opened CarPlay for third party apps with the introduction of iOS 13, more than a year ago. Android Auto will be opened for third party apps this year.
    Community Manager
    It’s not a computer voice, it’s an recorded voice.
    Then there's hope. We had the voice in the old GO Mobile app.

Community Manager
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    Is there actually a special beta forum?
    And come updates automatically because I don't see it in play store in beta menu.
    Have you enabled auto-update for the app in the Play Store? The app indeed doesn't state that you're beta testing it.

We put a lot more users on board for the beta test of this app than we would usually do. It would exceed our capacities to add each one to our beta forum since that would require individual invites to that forum for each user plus an individual confirmation by a forum admin.

However, we appreciate if you give feedback here on this forum. It would help us if you can add your phone model, Android version and in case of Android Auto, either the car model and year of make for solutions that came built-in with the car or the in-dash system specs for after-market solutions.
    OK thanks.
    I think I provide all the requested details.
    Just the car model: Dacia duster 2020
    Latest AA version.
    edited February 10
    @rabero1985
    My beta version is a separate version that is not displayed in playstore if you do a search, also does not appear in list of beta versions and the only way I can display it in playstore is if I follow the link to it on the website originally telling me how to install it and there it is is called sometimes a beta version and sometimes an early access version. However it is updated automatically with the other apps!
    The beta version of Tomtom Amigo is displayed properly as beta version in the playstore.
    For feedback I use the private feedback provided on the playstore page of the appropriate beta version as there seems to be no other means if one does not know the individual email address for the tomtom go beta.
    There is a google group called NAV_BETA_FamilyandFriends which can be found using the following link:
    https://groups.google.com/g/nav_beta_familyandfriends/c/qq8NJgYe3yc/m/AxzP7FWVBwAJ
    but was empty until the post from lluiscn about the missing catalan voice arrived in it.

Tomtom need to get their act together in this respect!
    Community Manager
    Sorry @martin.armstrong but I had to remove that email address from your post. Otherwise it will be used by other users which will make it impossible for our developers to handle.
    @Jürgen
    It does not work anyway!
    edited February 10
    @martin.armstrong
    Yes it is like you describe. I had an email like you said and only with that link I have acces to the early stage/beta. But it's good that it's updating automatically. And idd I saw just one message in the forum like you said. There was also a link to that in the email.
    So I will put my experience with bugs I've occur here and hopefully they do something with it :)