TomTom maps in Renault R link store, 2 years out of date? — TomTom Community

TomTom maps in Renault R link store, 2 years out of date?

FkavFkav Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited February 9 in Map purchasing
Hi, I recently bought 2017 Renault Megane, great car but the maps on the R link 2 infotainment screen are from January 2017. Loads of new roads in my area not showing up. Plus the maps feed the speed limit signs within the speedometer.

Went on the R link store and it says Tom Tom map update available but the update is from 4/5/2019.. Cost €84.90

How come there hasn't been an update in nearly 2 years?

Comments

• FkavFkav Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Im in Ireland btw
  • SkiSteamboatSkiSteamboat Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Fkav, I just purchased a NEW 2021 Subaru Outback Touring XT. The map in that Navigation System is from 2019.06. No one at the auto manufacturer has an answer.

It turns out....the navigation maps are separate contracts between TomTom and the auto manufacturer. TomTom (apparently) only updates the "manufacturer" map....occasionally. My TomTom driven NAV is worthless in my brand new car. Have to plug in a USB and use Google Maps and through Android Auto. Lots of posts on TomTom and on Car websites about this.
  • FkavFkav Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited February 8
    Thanks for your reply Ski..

I was talking to Renault Support earlier and the guy said this issue is out of their hands. He was surprised the maps aren't more up to date, and said the 2021 Renaults all have Tom Tom maps from late 2020.

If I need to actually use Navigation I use the Google maps via Android Auto.

I would like to have updated Tom Tom maps for the speed limit display within the speedometer. Its amazing how many speed limits have changed in local area since the maps were last updated in my car - Jan 2017.

Please if someone from Tom Tom reads this and updates the maps in the Renault R link store.. Ill gladly cough up 84 euro for the update.. 👍