When Will TomTom Issue a Map Update for Subaru In-Dash Units? — TomTom Community

When Will TomTom Issue a Map Update for Subaru In-Dash Units?

Steve_R.Steve_R. Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
edited July 2019 in Built in car navigation
We have a 2019 Subaru Forester. It appears that the road base map is obsolete (dated 2017). When does TomTom typically issue map updates (for Subaru)?

Comments

• Steve_R.Steve_R. Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    edited July 2019
    As an additional thought concerning how to update the Subaru maps to the in-dash navigation. Under "home" > "settings" > "map update" there is the following text:
    "Use the following code in the website to download maps and more."
    Regretfully, the screen does not display a URL for the website listed. So does anyone know what website the quote above refers too? Has anyone updated a map using the "code" displayed on the screen?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,876 Moderator
    Hi Steve

Did you visit this website-http://www.subarumapupdates.com/index-en-gb.html

I hope it helps.

Regards
    Vikram
    edited July 2019
    That is the website I visited back in April that has the obsolete map. My post was unclear in that the screen that I was referring to was in the Subaru itself (the map navigation screen in the Subaru.)

Thanks for responding.
    Well, I received a response to my email to Subaru of America. Where the response was: "The map updates are released from the vendor when they are available." For maps that are two years out-of-date, that response is inadequate. The response was sent by:
    Martina Brown
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    Customer/Retailer Services Department
    1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)

The mailing address for Subaru of America:
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    One Subaru Drive
    P.O. Box 9103
    Camden, NJ 08101
    Attn: Customer/Retailer Service
    Today, I received an email from Subaru that a map update was available. I installed it. At this time, since we have no trips planned, I can't say whether the update is good or bad, but it is an update.

What may be troubling, the car still shows that it is using a 2017 base map. The update that I just installed may update the road information to 2019. For example, if a new road was constructed in 2018, will it be shown with this update?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,876 Moderator
    Hi Steve

A new map should ideally have covered a road constructed in 2018.

The quarterly map updates provided by TomTom usually cover changes in a span of 6-9 months.

v10.30 is the current latest version. Which version do you have?

Regards
    Vikram
    The Subaru map version is: Rel_UE.19.25.70 NAFTA.
    I don't think that follows the format that TomTom may use to label their map updates.
  • EndorphinityEndorphinity Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Here is the version I have installed in my Forester. Which TomTom version is that? And, more interestingly, what is the real date the state of roads on this map corresponds to?

f5zz25x4y6h2.png
  • SkiSteamboatSkiSteamboat Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I JUST purchased a new 2021 Subaru Outback Touring XT with in car Navigation by TomTom. My map is dated: 2019.06

The street I live on and most of the streets in my Neighborhood are NOT shown. HOWVER, the "online" TomTom Map shows EVERY Street and EVERY street where homes are under construction.

MySubaruMaps gives me "unauthorized access". Subaru Customer Support gives me the same answers reported here: "you will be notified by TomTom when an update to your Subaru Navigation is available. You will not have authorized access to Subaru MyMaps until an update is available."

The TomTom Navigation system, as installed is useless. It has no current streets, no home address....couldn't even find the La Z Boy furniture store in Pensacola that's been there for....years.

What's the story TomTom??? My only option for Navigation is to use Android Auto and Google Maps in this brand new car. (two weeks old.)

Not....happy and not impressed with TomTom so far.