Missing "Import POI" in MyDrive Web and in MyDrive Connect — TomTom Community

Missing "Import POI" in MyDrive Web and in MyDrive Connect

n_reinhardn_reinhard Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Hi.
I don't see any import feature for POI (.ov) in my Webapplication anymore. Used to have it available.
Any idea what might be wrong? I am connected and it syncs routes.
Thanks
Reinhard

Comments

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,698
    Superusers
    Here it works with MyDrive and FireFox
    5g9v6dgub4lu.png

Maybe try another Browser
  • n_reinhardn_reinhard Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Tried it with Firefox and Edge so far. In both browser "Import POI File"is missing.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,733
    Superuser
    Hi @n_reinhard @Lochfrass

I have just noticed that when I go to My Drive on my MacBook and select the POI files Menu the list of files is long enough that you cannot see the bit at the bottom which offers the Import POI file. I can see the line just above it but there is no scroll facility to get any lower.

Doug
    Hi.
    Guess I found a workaround. This seems to be a page scaling issue with MyDrive. If the list of POIs is long enough it does not show the "Import POI File" - link any more.
    In Firefox (and possibly in all other affected browsers) this worked: I reduced the page to 80% zoom factor. 90% and above the link disappears. Switching the window in fullscreen also helps :-)

Thanks for all your hints.

Note to TomTom web developers: the outer frame of POI dialog drop-down will need its own scroll bar to allow to scroll down to the import link, no matter how long the list of POIs is.
    Superusers
    Thanks Doug. Since Rinhard is referring to Edge, I suspect he has win Win operating system.
    Unfortunately, I would have no idea where the problem could be.
    Superuser
    Hi @Lochfrass

Your welcome. Should have checked further as I now see that I cannot see the full list of my Favourites in My Places and have no way to get down the list.

Doug
    Hi Doug.
    As I mentioned above try to switch your browser to full-screen or zoom out to 80%.
    This issue might be a combined one between Windows and MyDrive. I tried Chrome on Android - same problem, though.
    Cheers
    Reinhard
    Superuser
    Hi @n_reinhard @lochfrass

Using a MacBook Pro and Safari there is no Scroll bar on the edge of the POI files and Favourites menus. Funnily enough if I reduce the scale the first Tap gives me 2 more favourites the next Tap goes back to the original list and so I cannot get to the bottom of the Favourites List. or the POI list at all.

I have now tried using Firefox and I am then offered a Scroll bar in 100% mode and so can scroll down the Favourites list and the Poi file list. HOWEVER with the Favourites and POI files lists the scroll bar only covers the Fav and POI lists and does not include the Add Favourites or POI file options at the bottom so it does not scroll down to show that.

If I zoom the screen I can get to see the Import Fav or POI file options but by then the Font Size is so small I have trouble being able to read it.

Doug
    Superusers
    Maybe TomTom doesn't believe in ov2 anymore.
    That would also explain why it is treated so stepmotherly.
    @Lochfrass: Wouldn't surprise me too much. However, I guess this problem has just slipped code quality check.
    Regards
    Reinhard
  • Hi all,
    Apologies for the inconvenience.
    We had added a new warning message in there and didn't notice the visual glitch when filling up the space in certain platforms.
    We'll look into this right away.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel
  • FYI: for any topics related to mydrive.tomtom.com, please post here:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/categories/mydrive-web-and-mydrive-apps
    Thanks for the update.
    No worries. Have seen this with other software as well in the meantime. Stupid browsers should take care and scale :-)

Cheers
    Reinhard
    Ps: once I found the link import worked like a charm.
  • Hi all,
    It should behave better now. If anything else let us know.

Thanks for your patience!
    Daniel
    Superuser
    edited February 11
    Hi @DanielForniesSoria

On my MacBook Pro using Safari the "Add a new place" and "Import POI file" now immediately appear at the bottom of the column in 100% display.

There are no Scroll facilities to be able to scroll down the lists of Favourite or Poi files already loaded. On one occasion using the UP/Down buttons the lists did scroll but now that does not work so I cannot scroll through the lists.

Using Firefox all fine.

Stay Safe

Doug