Wrong current location on TomTom Carminat

pne21
pne21 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited February 2021 in Built in car navigation
So my I have a renault master 14 plate for work with a carminat tomtom built in. It has now decided to show my current location about 15 miles away. I have taken the Sd card out (correctly) and done an update for a gps fix but its still the same. I have factory reset and its still the same.. Anyone else having or had the same problem and managed to fix it???
Thanks

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,446
    Exalted Pioneer
    the gps receiver can be faulty. a chip inside the device that tracks the location.
  • pne21
    pne21 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Strange as my father in law also has a tom tom in his van and his is showing him to be in Manchester 40 miles away!!! Surely they both cant have gone at the same time.. I was using mine then the following day it was saying my location was where I had last been
  • davielpm
    davielpm Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    hi did you fix this problem my mastr has also done this in the last 7-10 days?
  • Jarvo1234
    Jarvo1234 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Did this ever get answered, our Renault Master is doing the same thing
  • Orchid_Reunion974
    Orchid_Reunion974 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Hello I have a built-in Carminat Tom Tom device in my Renault Kangoo and although SD car was updated correctly with new Europe 10.85 version map the GPS quick fix did not appear during the downloading update and No GPS location to be found so the map shoed is inaccurate and starting point is not correct either
    I had the device and antenna investigated at Renault, was told No Anomaly on device . The Bluetooth + radio channels + temperature fully operational But No clock and No GPS. Can anyone help and guide me please ? Many thanks