GO 5100 not recognized by my Windows 10 Microsoft Surface Laptop — TomTom Community

GO 5100 not recognized by my Windows 10 Microsoft Surface Laptop

I have a Go 5100. I plug it into the Microsoft Surface laptop and it charges fine. But when I log into MyDrive is says NOT CONNECTED. Any thoughts? I have reset the Tom Tom. I have resintalled the MyDrive software

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    Hi @JJA-TOM
    Welcome to the community! Found an old topic which could be related. See if the advice provided by @YamFazMan helps :)

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1206107/#Comment_1206107

Regards, Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,996
    Superusers
    Hi
    @JJA-TOM
    Welcome to the site...
    Further to Vikram's post... Here's a link to a later post with more Info....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1734434/#Comment_1734434

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • JJA-TOMJJA-TOM Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks but these both refer to the Suface Pro which is a Pad not a laptop. I have a Surface Laptop with two USB ports that work fine when I plug anything else into them, but when I connect my Tom Tom, it starts charging (so it is connected) but MyConnect software says NOT CONNECTED.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,996
    Superusers
    edited February 7
    Hi
    @JJA-TOM
    Firstly Try....
    Disconnect your Tomtom device....
    (Do not Reconnect your device until instructed)
    Logout of MyDrive Connect....
    From the Power menu 'Restart' your PC (NOT Turn it Off 'n' On again)....
    Run MyDrive Connect....
    Login to MyDrive Connect...
    Connect & Start your device....

Important....
    NEVER have a Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown below)

Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….
    If you are still having problems with MyDrive Connect... I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • JJA-TOMJJA-TOM Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thank you so much for your advice, however that has not worked.
    I then uninstalled Mydrive connect

I deleted the folder in Programs(86) and in Appdata so there was no sign of Tom Tom or Mydrive onmy computer.

I RESTARTED the computer and installed Mydrive Connect again.

I started Mydrive and then connected my Tom Tom. There was a ding dong when it connected, but I did not see any drivers being installed.

MyDrive connect says my Tom Tom is not connected., but it is charging.