Offers keep coming — TomTom Community

Offers keep coming

SvickeSvicke Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
How do I get rid of all suggestions on downloading maps and charging point for electric cars? I have my map, I dont have an electric car but the offers keep coming even though I untapped them

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,986
    Superusers
    edited January 19
    Hi
    @Svicke
    Welcome to the site....
    The only answer is....
    You don't tick the box to update for the Charging Stations....

uv6zv6rca2z4.jpg

To stop the Charging Stations being displayed on the Driving Map....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI Lists on the Map....
    Set Charging Station to Hide.....

You can try asking Support to remove the Charging Stations download from your account ???
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

(1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • SvickeSvicke Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Well YamFazMan

Behind my PC in my comfortable chair in my office I can ignore all kind of information passing by, but when I am driving I only want info I have decided to have

So, I untick the box, shut the unit down, walk home, have a good night sleep, I go to the car, I start my unit and it has suddenly forgotten my unticking during the night !
    How is that not a Bug ?

Do you think I have to return my unit to the store to fix the bug, is there a work around or must I pray and hope for a solution 6 months from now?

By the way, I really apreciate your kindness, my frustration must I adress tomtom, but how do I get in contact with a human support?
    Any suggestions?
    I always end up in a Botchat...

BR Lars from Sweden
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,986
    Superusers
    edited February 3
    Hi
    @Svicke
    Svicke wrote: »
    (Snip) So, I untick the box, shut the unit down, walk home, have a good night sleep, I go to the car, I start my unit, and it has suddenly forgotten my unticking during the night !
    How is that not a Bug ?
    qs98grybwufh.jpg
    If I get an 'Update Pending' Splash bar at the bottom of the screen....
    I place my finger on the Splash Bar and Swipe Down, the Bar Closes and the device operates normally....
    If you place my finger on the Splash Bar and Swipe UP the Splash bar expands with more info about the available updates....
    Do you think I have to return my unit to the store to fix the bug, is there a workaround or must I pray and hope for a solution 6 months from now?
    I don’t think there’s any point in retuning your device to Tomtom... My various NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are the same as your GO Premium....

The vast majority of vehicles on the road will have NO use at all for the Charging Stations to be offered for installation....
    Electric Vehicles are only a tiny minority of the Vehicles on the road, the download of the Charging Stations should only be offered as an option....
    By the way, I really appreciate your kindness, my frustration must I address Tomtom, but how do I get in contact with a human support?
    Any suggestions?
    I always end up in a Bot chat...
    Are you following my tips to access Tomtom Email or Chat lines or are you selecting the Tomtom Chat bot on the Support page ???

For...Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    (1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • SvickeSvicke Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hej
    Thanks for the tips about the Splash bar
    and how to contact the human support :)
    //The Swede