Go android without play store/account — TomTom Community

Go android without play store/account

Dr_ITDr_IT Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
I installed latest version of go for android (free). But it can't connect to tomtom, so won't start (or won't download maps, etc). Tested and came to conclusion go needs play store enabled and google account, just to connect to tomtom. Why is that?

As i don't have an google account or play store installed (use other play store), how can i get go to work on my device?

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 671 [Revered Pioneer]
    This is not possible because you also have to pay for your subscription via the Google PlayStore.
  • Dr_ITDr_IT Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    It's the free version, so no i do not have to pay in this case (only when i'm satisfied and want to drive more km).

Apart from that this has nothing to do with paying, it's about downloading maps from tomtom servers, not downloading from google servers...
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @Dr_IT,

You want to use TomTomGo be it free or paid you need a google account to get the maps.

That is just the way it works........
  • Dr_ITDr_IT Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Indeed that's what i said, it's the way it works now.
    But what is the reason you need google account + play store to get connection to tomtom servers? Not logical at all...
  • conphi89conphi89 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    There are phones that run Android but do not have Google Play Services installed. A pity one cannot install and pay their subscriptions directly to TomTom...