No tone to activate google assistant on Rider 50 — TomTom Community

No tone to activate google assistant on Rider 50

UltraNumanUltraNuman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 19 in RIDER
Got my Rider 50 connected to my phone and headset but when I press the 📞 Button which prompts me to speak after the one but there's no tone.

Comments

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 726 [Revered Pioneer]
    Is the headset also connected with your Phone?

• Bart BeverBart Bever Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem here.. all connected and phone icon visible on the Rider.
    When I press the assistant mic on the phone all works well.

Samsung S10e, Nolan B901L and Rider 550.

Please advice,
    Thanks
  • Bart BeverBart Bever Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, thanks for the feedback...

The B901 from Nolan is Sena based and according to nolan it is compatible and on their list.

I found an improvement..
    When I have the Mydrive app open AND on the Phonescreen I can make voice commands and make phonecalls.
    However, when the mydrive app is open but running in the background there is no possibility to do this.

Any way to fix this??
    Normally My phone is in my pocket and music is activated. What TomTom wants is to have it on the Mydrive app so it now demands 2 screens to be active..the rider and the phone.
    Safety wise that troubles me!
  • BATT550BATT550 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    To make it work your phone display has to be open all the time.
    With Android it works like this.

1. Turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
    2. Turn on TomTom Rider
    3. go to mobile phone, SETTINGS
    4. Then in LOCK SCREEN,
    5. and in SMART LOCK
    6. Press TRUSTED DEVICES
    7. Add Trusted Devices
    8. Select Rider 550

As long as your phone is near your TomTom,
    your phone will not lock it's screen.
    As soon as you get too far from your 550, or it's switched off, the phone locks itself as usual.
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 153 [Revered Navigator]
    Guys,
    Didn't have any of these issues with my now obsoleted Rider 2. It had a simple phone book that I could just point to the person I wanted to ring and it all worked AND I didn't need a SMART phone and I guess a data connection to make it all happen.

Yet again I got caught buying a bit of kit based largely on how good the old unit was only to find that many of the features that I used and wanted got factored out for features that some numpty thought were better. In this case I can add.. "and don't actually work for many".
  • BATT550BATT550 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    TigerRider wrote: »
    Guys,
    Didn't have any of these issues with my now obsoleted Rider 2. It had a simple phone book that I could just point to the person I wanted to ring and it all worked AND I didn't need a SMART phone and I guess a data connection to make it all happen.

Yet again I got caught buying a bit of kit based largely on how good the old unit was only to find that many of the features that I used and wanted got factored out for features that some numpty thought were better. In this case I can add.. "and don't actually work for many".

I agree with you, I wish I could have the old 720/920 menu on my 550.