Should I bother renewing?? — TomTom Community

Should I bother renewing??

Cjuk81Cjuk81 Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
This is the question I'm thinking of atm. As there's now Amigo, I'm struggling to see many advantages for renewing my go subscription on android. Anyone else thought this too? Amigo has the same traffic, better maps I think , the search works better I reckon too and it's free. Ok, it doesn't to multi point routes but I very rarely do that. Also, I reckon the Go MPAs arnt as up to date as TomTom reckon they are. There's a big round about near me that's been built a year and a half and it's still not on the map in go, it is in amigo and TomTom drive app. So what else isnt on the map I wonder. I'm guessing amigo might not have the lane guidance on motorways? I haven't tested it on them yet, but will do soon. Anyone else thinking similar things?

Comments

• rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 55 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Yes, I have a year subscription on the go navigation, but my opinion is also, that the free amigo app is more stable and more updated maps then the go.
    I also find the speed alerts etc better on the amigo app (more details).
    Amigo is even now on beta test for AA...
    The free app is in further state/process then the paid one. Who can understand :-).
    Amigo hasn't lane guidance and use the phone tts, you can't choose any other. That's something you must see for yourself of this things are worth the price for the go....
  • Cjuk81Cjuk81 Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    Yes, I have a year subscription on the go navigation, but my opinion is also, that the free amigo app is more stable and more updated maps then the go.
    I also find the speed alerts etc better on the amigo app (more details).
    Amigo is even now on beta test for AA...
    The free app is in further state/process then the paid one. Who can understand :-).
    Amigo hasn't lane guidance and use the phone tts, you can't choose any other. That's something you must see for yourself of this things are worth the price for the go....

Yes, good point about the audio directions, the voice isn't as good on amigo, so that's a plus over the go. I've never had any stability issues with the go app on my Samsung so, it's never closed itself down or anything so no problems with that. I basically renewed last year for our holiday trip to Wales, but I'm thinking maybe, and it's a big maybe I start to go back to the office etc I'll just use amigo. The lane guidence on the motorway is good though . Swings and roimdabouts I guess :)
  • Marek_MkZMarek_MkZ Posts: 33 [Outstanding Explorer]
    To renew subscription - that's a good question. I've bought mu subscription last year after long use of Sygic - I wanted to check apk from maps and traffic data provider (Sygic also uses data from TT). I thought that apk from TT will have all benefits of TT data (traffic, road incidents, quick maps updates). And I have to admit that I'm little bit disappointed. Traffic is not available for all countries where proper data exists (vide MapDrive portal and my post about it) - and for me that's one of the most important functionalities of navigation software. Weekly map updates brings only cosmetic changes - they are far behind changes in maps accepted in MapShare and present in MapDrive portals. Road incidents reporting is much worse than in free apk (which is not considered as standalone navigation - no of-line maps, no multipoint routes, no alternative routing...) and that is really strange to me (TT looses feedback and possibly valuable data from many drivers which is completely not consistent to their statements about importance of fast and reliable traffic data delivery to drivers). Despite of all these problems I cannot say that TTGo is a bad soft. Routing, ETA calculations, stability even look (but also with some, already described problems) are very good - so it seems to be quite good but just incomplete and somehow left behind piece of software.. For now I've got many months to use TTGo and observe its development and then to come back to question...
  • Cjuk81Cjuk81 Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hmm, well i think covid will make my decision for me anyway as im hardly driving anywhere now, might use the car once a week and thats all. One thing i foiund odd was the 'Mydrive' app not working with the latest tomtomgo, i used to use it and then when the new verion of the app came out it no longer syncs the routes to the app. ill see what i do this summer when its due for renewal i guess.