My battery will not charge — TomTom Community

My battery will not charge

I bought a 510 from TomTom customer service directly as a replacement for a previous item that developed a fault, I was given a discount for the new item however this item 510 will now not charge and when connected via USB will not connect as it says the battery is not charging. I would assume that the internal battery has developed a fault which is a bit worrying as this item is less than five years old and an internal battery should last longer than this Is there anything I can do or is this machine now useless

Best Answer

• Solitary-TruckerSolitary-Trucker Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Assuming it still works when connected to a power source it is more than likely the battery has died. In fact this week my Go 6200 did exactly the sameand i purchased a battery for it from an online store and replaced it myself there are plenty of you tube videos to show you how to do it. In total it took me about twenty minutes to change the battery and its now all up and working. You do need some very tiny Torx screwdrivers again easily bought on line

Answers

• Solitary-TruckerSolitary-Trucker Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Assuming it still works when connected to a power source it is more than likely the battery has died. In fact this week my Go 6200 did exactly the sameand i purchased a battery for it from an online store and replaced it myself there are plenty of you tube videos to show you how to do it. In total it took me about twenty minutes to change the battery and its now all up and working. You do need some very tiny Torx screwdrivers again easily bought on line
  • jacintainspainjacintainspain Posts: 53 [Master Explorer]
    I dont know if it works when connected to a power source as it just keeps giving the battery symbol and going to sleep.
    There is something more wrong than just the battery I suspect but the unit is less than five years old so don't really know what to do especially as I am in Spain
  • jacintainspainjacintainspain Posts: 53 [Master Explorer]
    Just an update when I put the cradle mount onto the tomtom it charges up so it's not the cable and not the battery I think there is a loose connection inside but have been quoted over 100 euros for it to be fixed, that seems extreme to me for a machine less than five years old, and hardly used maybe four times a year if that, so I will not bother, will go back to my phone app for my sat nav from now on