Renault carminat hourglass olny — TomTom Community

Renault carminat hourglass olny

WolfTecWolfTec Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 15 in Built in car navigation
After my Laguna 2010 car battery gave up and had to jump start the carminat showed insert sd card when it was already in.
Bought a new card inserted started to load then went to hourglass only but no start screen on the loop just hourglass.
Had battery off radio fuse out.
Tried deleting loopdir etc.
Any help before I have to replace radio.
Cheers

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,866 Moderator
    edited January 14
    Hi @WolfTec

Welcome to the community! We can try a complete format and restore process to fix this issue. I have activated a map on your TomTom account.

Please follow the steps as advised below-

fxrjgg1gxj3x.jpg

Note: If the content in the image is not clear just right-click on it and open in a new tab/window.

Thanks, Vikram
  • WolfTecWolfTec Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram
    I have tried a blank card before but no joy but I will try again later following your guide.
    Step 3 to wait for navigation screen to appear may be a problem as all I see from turning on the car is hourglass only for a while the blank then hourglass repeating I see no start up screen.
    Thanks
    Pete
    Hi Vikram
    As I suspected putting blank card into nav did nothing. Just hourglass repeating no splash screen and nothing was written to the card just blank.
    Thanks
    Pete
    Hi Vikram
    I had to replace the carminant unit from Ebay and is working.
    I restored card from my back up and downloaded updates but it stated map could not be used.
    I have now inserted blank card and linked new unit to my account but there is no map showing and only a few updates. Card looks empty.
    Should I restore from old back again?.
    Or please advise.
    Thanks

Pete
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,866 Moderator
    Hi Pete
    A map should be offered as a download in TomTom HOME if you check for updates now.
    I think installing a fresh version would be a better option than restoring it from a backup.

Thanks, Vikram :)
  • Troubadix12Troubadix12 Posts: 2,012 [Revered Voyager]
    edited January 28
    Hi WolfTec,

if you want to have back your computer-voices, you have to copy the folder "VAutoTTS" (newer Carminat 2.0 Live) or "LoquendoTTS" (older Carminat without Live) from your old SD-Card.
    They wouln't offer via TTHome.

Regards
    Troubadix12
  • CosmeCosme Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited May 2
    Is my carminat live the same, just the replacement to solve?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Portuguese)