Poor roadworks. info — TomTom Community

Poor roadworks. info

eddydceddydc Posts: 298 [Exalted Navigator]
Hi,
Why is the roadworks so outdated? Recently, I've reported 3 roadworks - with official info - wrongly being indicated. 2 are finished for a (long) time ago and 1 is still going on. The reports have the status fixed, but the first two are still indicated as busy and the other one is not indicates despite no traffic is allowed. This is both in mapshare and the device.
The route is wrongly planned and if one takes another route, TT wants you to turn back and take the closed road.
It's not the first time this happens.
Cheers,
Eddy

Comments

• eddydceddydc Posts: 298 [Exalted Navigator]
    Does anyone at TT even bother that incorrect info and thus incorrect routing is still delivered to their customers?
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,074
    Superusers
    I had some luck reporting this kind of issues using the 'Other' category. I used to use the 'Temporary closure' category, but that didn't work really.
    All my reports concerning road works are done via the 'other' category and are so called fixed. In reality the wrong info still appear in the Android app (also the Amigo app) and mapshare
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,074
    Superusers
    Mm, then I'm not sure what to do to get it better soon. Would be useful if there's a dedicated channel to submit this kind of traffic/closure reports (which would then directly go to the Traffic moderation teams at TomTom). I feel the MSR tool is not really intended for this kind of reports.
    It's getting ridiculous. I've resubmitted 3 incorrect roadwork info errors and one is rejected as so called not a map problem.
    Is there someone from TT in this forum that even reads things and can intervene please?
    It's even getting hopeless. I've reported things again and one so called fixed it again and again the errors remain unchanged.
    Isn't anyone at TT that takes things seriously and fix things or at least explain why things don't get fixed?
    Yet another month further. Reported things again and things are so called fixed again; but that's yet again not the case. Reported this to support and I'm getting yet again this nonsense copy/paste answers from somebody who clearly doesn't know what the subject of the matter is nor has knowledge concerning the matter.
    Is there anybody from TT reading this forum at all and trigger things in order to get things finally fixed?
    I encountered yesterday yet another example where I was guided to a driveway which is closed for road works. According to the app, traffic was possible though and was guided to the wrong driveway and direction despite the fact that the road is closed in reality.
    I reported this and the state was accepted as many my roadworks reports, but one still gets the wrong driving instructions.
    Is there a way to get things fixed in order to prevent wrong guidances?
  • ml138ml138 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have had fairly good success in reporting road closures etc. I'm not using the 'Other' option but 'Traffic flow' instead. Just pick the street on Mapshare, select 'Traffic flow' and fill in the necessary background information. Information has been updated on maps (both Mydrive and device) in a few days' time. In most cases at least...
    qmiu24ugagfp.jpg
    wm6ty1n0uj35.jpg
    @ml138 many thanks for the tip. I will try it out the next time
    Tried it out and it doesn't make any difference. Report is accepted but the road is not closed. The effect is that people are directed to a highway exit which is still not accessible.
    These days, the quality, quantity and accuracy of the closed roads by road works is rather poor, certainly compared with the competition. Why can't TT manage what the others can?
    A perfect example.
    TomTom shows this
    v2cau6u1unu9.png
    The competiton shows this
    av9ppqd2l2fw.png

Where the latter is exactly replicating reality and TT doesn't even come near.
    The example concerns the traffic situation during the World Championship cycling as mentioned in this thread, but one prefers to ignore it and close the thread instead of making the traffic situation accurate

• Shawnloveshorses_161Shawnloveshorses_161 Posts: 180 [Outstanding Explorer]
    @eddydc What I did was to do the "other" category and file in all the links of the traffic/roadworks API"s, maps, from government websites.
    @eddydc What I did was to do the "other" category and file in all the links of the traffic/roadworks API"s, maps, from government websites.

I've 2 guesses on what I actually did and what the result was.
    When it comes to traffic info and closed roads, TT is scoring very bad (which was the opposite before). Any attempt to report issues end up in a kind of black hole and ignored completely with incorrect data as result.