Why doesn't my new phone read the QR code via the MyDrive app? — TomTom Community

Why doesn't my new phone read the QR code via the MyDrive app?

My Motorola e7 doesn't read the qr code when scanning to set up connection but it does read other qr codes via a scanning app.I have tried disconnecting and re installing etc but to no avail

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,140 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Hoffey

Welcome to the community!
    I would suggest reinstalling the MyDrive app and then scanning the QR code again.
    It's a bit weird that the phone is not scanning only TomTom QR.

Also as an alternative, you can try pairing the phone without using the MyDrive App, see the article here

Regards, Vikram
  • HoffeyHoffey Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your help but I have already done as you suggested and deleted the phone from the Sat nav I have connected via pairing but have lost sms function
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,140 Moderator
    Hi @Hoffey

I am adding some steps that our 2nd Line team has advised-

Factory reset- Steps available here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013898320

Once done please check if the QR code displayed can be scanned using your phone.

If the above does not help then follow up with a recovery mode-

After the process completes successfully try the pairing process again using the QR.

And if the issue still persists then our team would like to know if this can be tested with another smartphone and check if the same issue persists(if possible).

Thanks, Vikram
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,133
    Superusers
    I don't think it's the navigation device.
    In the German forum, another user reported a similar problem with a GO Essential and a Motorola Moto E6
    The mydrive app does not scan the QR code.
    Phone is a Motorola Moto E6plus.
    The app does not focus and consequently does not scan.
    Consequently, I can not properly connect smartphone and navi 100%.
    Phone is a Moto E6plus.
    to the posting
    Thanks Lochfrass
    That's exactly the problem I am having as my old Motorola G4 does focus and scan
    Hi Vikramk
    I have just tried the steps recommended but still no good
    I have tried my old Motorola G4 and the app works fine it will focus and scan
    Thanks
  • Stuart HStuart H Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited January 19
    TOMTOM service was not working on my 620. I tried numerous time to log into MY Drive all failed. I then tried to reinstall the phone but MYDRIVE will not scan Says error occurred.