Device stuck on recovery screen

knwoko_1
knwoko_1 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi guys, The image below has been on my screen since yesterday and my device is not coming on.awse7pmqzbm1.jpg
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,966
     Superuser
    Hi
    @knwoko_1
    Welcome to the site....
    It looks like Recovery Mode has initialized on your device....

When the device is in Recovery Mode... The device MUST be connected to your PC using the supplied USB Cable with MyDrive Connect running in the background for the Recovery process to complete....

MyDrive Connect must be running on your PC, and be capable displaying as CONNECTED on MyDrive Connect...

Installing MyDrive Connect....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

See Tomtom FAQ... Navigation device not starting or displaying a cross....
    I think the device is somewhere between bullet-point (7) & (8)
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and if a connection to MyDrive Connect has NOT established....
    Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out....

This is a Tomtom User Forum where Users help each other....

You may need to contact Tomtom Support....
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    (1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... The official way to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • knwoko_1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for the reply, but I have not made any progress. Mydrive connect is running, the screen now displays the Tomtom logo alone
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited January 2021
    Hi
    @knwoko_1
    Did you actually see the Tomtom Restoring Screen and the percentage counter reach 100% ???

994444ukf78h.png
    ATB YFM
  • knwoko_1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes it shows a count from 0% to 100% Restoring your device", then device goes blank with ith the single boot line coming up, and then the restore screen with the cross reappears. This has been all I have been seeing since Jan 5th
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @knwoko_1
    I think you need to contact Tomtom Support on Monday... By Chat or Email
    See my initial post... How to contact Support....
    They will be able to check out the problem/s on their back-end systems....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,021
     Superuser
    Sometimes inserted Memory Cards make problems. So if you have inserted a Memory card in your device, take it out and try again
  • Chesca56
    Chesca56 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    We have exactly this situation. Recovery mode keeps looping despite saying it has reached 100% but it never says Connected in My Drive
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Chesca56
    Welcome to the site....
    Do you have a Micro SDHC Memory card installed ???
    I had exactly the same fault happen to me ??? I've been using various Tomtom devices for 10 + years, and never had a problem using Recovery Mode, for me, it has always just worked !!!
    The other day I was updating the Full Europe Map on my GO 5000, all seemed to go as normal but when the device restarted I had the spinning disc and the Recovery Mode screen of a PC/Red Cross & Tomtom Icon.... the device was already connected over USB + MyDrive connect... I did get the count-up MyDrive Connect 0 to 100% screen, but when the GO 5000 re-booted the device was locked into a continuous Recovery Mode loop....
    After several, restarts, I noticed the longish delay at the mid-point on the start-up progress bar... Normally, there is a slight but hardly noticeable pause at the mid-point on the start-up progress bar (I Think the device is checking if a Memory card is installed ???)....

I turned off and disconnected the GO 5000 then removed the 32 GB Memory card....
    Re-Connected the device to USB and turned it on... the device started, the progress bar was normal, I had the spinning disc and the Recovery Mode screen of a PC/Red Cross/Tomtom Icon... The MyDrive Connect screen displayed the 0 to 100% count-up & the device booted-up OK onto the UK & ROI Map on the on-board Memory.....

Checked the Memory card, it reported a error... I Slow Formatted the Memory card fat32, the Go 5000 recognized & formatted the card... Then I Installed the Full Europe Map, all Good....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Chesca56
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have searched the web and can’t find a way to get this Tomtom out of its recovery loop. If I just boot it it gets 50% of the way there then eventually goes to the Recovery icon. On My Drive it shows it recovers 100% but when it reboots it ends up in the same place. It never shows as Connected in My Drive. Tomtom want £105 to fix it 😬😣
  • Chesca56
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for the support. We have no sd card. I’ve tried this on 2 PC’s
  • Chesca56
    Apprentice Traveler
    No sd card, any other suggestions?