Lost all maps due to update through MyDrive Connect — TomTom Community

Lost all maps due to update through MyDrive Connect

Hello,
Yesterday I was trying to update my device Start 52 with lifetime maps of europe, but the update error occurs and now there are no maps in device. Unfortunatelly I do not have these in back-up. Where can I get these maps and how to upload these back? There in no menu in device, just the error message No maps available

Thank you!

Best Answers

Answers

• macadam08macadam08 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited January 7
    Hello, following the last update, I "lost everything"! And impossible to "put" a card "Western Europe" on my GO 5200!
    I am new to this forum, if I entered the wrong category let me know! Thank you

Mod edit: Machine translated(French)
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,669
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Silverio-CZ
    Welcome to the site....
    Hello,
    Yesterday I was trying to update my device Start 52 with lifetime maps of Europe, but the update error occurs and now there are no maps in the device. Unfortunately I do not have these in back-up. Where can I get these maps and how to upload these back? There in no menu in the device, just the error message No maps available
    Thank you!
    Tomtom FAQ... No maps available (MyDrive Connect)
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900620-No-maps-available-MyDrive-Connect-

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Superusers
    Hi
    @macadam08
    Google Translate....
    macadam08 wrote: »
    Hello, following the last update, I 'lost everything'! And impossible to 'put' a 'Western Europe' card back on my GO 5200!
    I am new to this forum, if I entered the wrong category let me know! Thank you
    Tomtom FAQ... No maps available (Wi-Fi® devices)
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013958699-No-maps-available-Wi-Fi-devices-
  • Silverio-CZSilverio-CZ Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi
    @YamFazMan

Thank you for your advise!

I followed your quide and empty download folder + restart of device and MyDrive Connect etc., but unfortunatelly I still see the same screen where is only a link to buy new maps and no posibility to install any map. So currently I have only voices in device

This is what I see:
    l5q5lpd6p4wb.png

Any possibility to downoad the maps without using MyDrive connect? For example using my device serial number etc.

Thanks!

Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Silverio-CZ
    See... @VikramK post (Moderator).... TomTom - No Maps Found
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121560/tomtom-no-maps-found

ATB... YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,097 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Silverio-CZ
    Our team did some changes in the backend, please try checking for updates now.

@macadam08
    the installation process on your TomTom is impacted by network or a security issue. More explanation provided under CASE 3.1 in the article here

Thanks, Vikram
  • Silverio-CZSilverio-CZ Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thank you very much @VikramK and @YamFazMan . It works well now.
  • marrywilliesmarrywillies Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I had a similar issue by trying to update maps on my device. In the meantime I replaced my lap top PC so i did not have the TomTom connect app so when I connected my device to update nothing happened. I made contact on line to TomTom and connected to a technician who informed me that I needed a new subscription to update maps but I have lifetime maps on this device so reluctantly I aggreged to signup and pay for for 3 years of map updates and I was allowed to update the maps on my device -What I was charged to proceed to updates was correct?
    Superusers
    edited January 9
    Hi
    @marrywillies
    Welcome to the site....
    I really hope I'm wrong ???
    But unless you used the method in bullet point 1 & 2 below... To access Tomtom Support....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    (1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844
    (2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

I think you may have visited one of the lookalike Scam Tomtom websites.....
    The Scam websites are visually very professional and are remarkably convincing....
    The Phone call or Chat line is where you get first get suckered in....
    Then the Support Service person (Scammer) rings you to completes the Scam....

See my Signature for more info....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hello YamFazMan

Thanks for your reply and I am bewildered at the moment as either it is an elaborate scam or there is a highjack of business going on.
    I made contact via web chat and then a phone call and everything seems legit and i received an email with the details below and was able to download the updates but should i have paid for the updates

Sat Nav Maps UK
    United Kingdom
    Service Invoice
    Customer ID : CAS-608567 Invoice Date : 08/01/21 Terms : Due on Receipt Due Date : 08/01/21 Unit Model : TomTom Ireland United Kingdom : 0330 113 3588 Australia : (03) 9028 2345 USA & Canada : 8886239204

Is this a scam or is it some other form of deception
    regards
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,189
    Superuser
    edited January 9
    Hi @marrywillies

I am afraid YamFazMans fears were correct as that is not a Tomtom company. As he indicated there are no Phone line Customer Support facilities only Chat and Email and also if it had been Tomtom support they would have been trying to enable you to get the lifetime updates applicable to the unit. It should be noted that Tomtom are still providing lifetime map updates on very old units that they have declared obsolete.

I assume you have input in something like Google search “Tomtom Map Updates” and picked this companies website instead of the genuine one. Tomtom are trying to stop these sites but it is very difficult.

Doug
    Superusers
    edited January 9
    Hi
    @marrywillies
    I'm really sorry....
    But you were a Scam 'Tomtom' lookalike websites all along.....
    I have just entered the phone number 03301133588 that you posted from your receipt....
    Into the 'Who called me website'...
    Here... https://who-called.co.uk/Number/03301133588
    Scroll down to see the reports....

Screen grab from the Who called me website....
    jh7ymjy0hsa4.jpg

The Start 25 should be updated using the Tomtom Program...
    'MyDrive Connect'....
    Tomtom FAQ... Installing MyDrive Connect
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

Tomtom Video... How to update your device using MyDrive Connect

The Start 25 is a NAV3 device....
    The latest Map is v1060
    To check Map version....
    From the main menu
    Tap (Settings)
    Left Cursor once for next page
    Tap (Me and my device)
    Tap (About my Device)
    On the 5th line is the Map version (Should be v1060)
    Follow onscreen prompts to exit

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi YamFazMan and DougLap
    Thanks for your reply and what happened seems weird as it is not like your normal swindle and it is a bit more elaborate than the usual one
    Thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,189
    Superuser
    Hi @marrywillies

They are very elaborate to the extent that if you look on here you can find instances where others have allowed their computers to be taken over by the scammers and lost or nearly lost significant amounts of money.

In future using this site to seek help is likely to be the best avenue for getting a quick resolution to most issues.

Doug