How do I fix? I was directed to turn right at a street with a No Right Turn sign. — TomTom Community

How do I fix? I was directed to turn right at a street with a No Right Turn sign.

I'm new here and hope you can help. I tried to search but couldn't find any reference to this. I have had an older Tomtom for many years and recently upgraded to a Tomtom GO 520. I was just told to turn right into a street with a No Right Turn sign and was flummoxed. This never happened with my older Tomtom GPS. I was not in a new area, so the street nor the sign were new.

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,183
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @KarenMLundin

You cannot alter it on your own device it needs a map correction. You can advise Tomtom about the problem using the Tomtom Mapshare website and once they confirm it the maps will eventually be modified.

Doug

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,092 Moderator
    Hi @KarenMLundin

Welcome to the community! I don't see your TomTom GO 520 WiFi has the latest map version installed. Could you please update the maps and test the device again?

The latest version is 10.60; https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1129958/new-maps-v10-60-available-for-download

Thanks, Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,668
    Superusers
    edited January 6
    Hi
    @KarenMLundin
    Welcome to the site....
    Just a thought... Here in the UK we drive on the left as you in do in Australia
    Maybe what you were hearing or miss-hearing is the same Tomtom quirkiness as here in the UK ???
    In the UK, on Motorways and some Road Junctions my Tomtom devices constantly tell me to 'Keep Right'....
    But in reality it doesn't mean Keep in the Right Lane... Its Tomtom speak, for don't turn left at the Motorway exit slip-road or the Road Junctions you're just about to pass

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • KarenMLundinKarenMLundin Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks VikramK I have now updated and will see if it happens again.
    Thanks YamFazMan, I am used to Tomtom advising I keep to the right and not take the exits. It took a bit to get used to years ago, but I'm good with that now. This was an established street with a No Right Turn and my GPS route was indicating a right turn into it.
    PS I couldn't find how to reply to someone's comment, so I'm just posting another one.
    Cheers,
    Karen
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,668
    Superusers
    Hi
    @KarenMLundin
    What is the location of this NO Right turn ???

ATB YFM
    Hi YamFazMan,
    I don't remember the name of the street but I was travelling from Woolworths in Wollongong NSW Australia to Jutland Avenue also in Wollongong. Only a 6-minute trip. I am not familiar with the area, however, I may have to do this again next week or the week after so will try it again with my updated maps when I do.
    cheers,
    Karen
    Hello again, I have checked this out and searched via Google for the trip. I've shown the direction I took with my GPS to a No Right Turn where Tate Street meets Bridge Street and marked it on the attached image.
    Can this be fixed in my GPS? I had installed all the updates and it still took me there.z07mkomas4hy.png
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,183
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @KarenMLundin

You cannot alter it on your own device it needs a map correction. You can advise Tomtom about the problem using the Tomtom Mapshare website and once they confirm it the maps will eventually be modified.

Doug