Carminat Not Updating — TomTom Community

Carminat Not Updating

TrebsTrebs Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited December 2020 in Built in car navigation
I got a 13 plate Renault Megane 3 a couple of months ago to replace last car. this of course has a carminat system in it, but not been updated since don't know when. i decided to take advantage of a promo email offer from tomtom for 12 months map and camera updates.

i went online and purchased but for 2 days it just showed as pending. today its been completed. but when i start tomtom home up on laptop and put sd card in it doesn't update the maps or cameras at all. i did what one solution said which was to uninstall the map which would force it to update. so i did that but it seems to just install the same map pack and doesn't install the camera pack and just points me to services that require payment - which id already done on the website. am i missing something? as all out of ideas and losing the will here.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 434 [Supreme Pioneer]
    contact support.
    use email or chat tomorrow
  • rotproof1rotproof1 Posts: 34 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    @Trebs you need to login to TomTom home with the same account as you used to buy your map
  • TrebsTrebs Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    contact support.
    use email or chat tomorrow

already mailed
    rotproof1 wrote: »
    @Trebs you need to login to TomTom home with the same account as you used to buy your map

it is same account, same details and everything

• MartynWilliamsMartynWilliams Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    It sounds like you made the same mistake I did with that pesky email and bought the Europe plus speed cams

I found out that it is incompatible with the Carminat and have a support ticket open where they have agreed to change it to the UK & Ireland but it's all gone quiet and I'm still waiting