GO 5000 is not recognized by my computer(s) — TomTom Community

GO 5000 is not recognized by my computer(s)

I have updated, done resets, have reinstalled MyDrive Connect.... and still not getting my device recognised!
Every advise as per site has been tried.
I would like to get it updated! Any further suggestions?

I guess " buy a new one" springs to mind I find my Tom Tom invaluable for in car navigation and traffic.

What is likelihood of a new model as the Premium X has been on offer for a while now??

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,693
    Superusers
    Hi
    @DaveJM1960
    Welcome to the site....
    Tomtom FAQ.... Installing MyDrive Connect....
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

Important....
    NEVER have a Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown below)

Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Firstly Try....
    Disconnect your Tomtom device....
    (Do not Reconnect your device until instructed)
    Logout of MyDrive Connect....
    From the Power menu 'Restart' your PC (NOT Turn it Off 'n' On again)....
    Run MyDrive Connect & Login... Connect & Start your device....

If you are still having problems with MyDrive Connect... I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DaveJM1960DaveJM1960 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks YFM much appreciate your detailed reply!
    Ok, I have tried all the suggestions (including removing the Home3 Folder etc...) and STILL cannot get my PC to see my 5000.

Am literally out of ideas - and ready to try radical / riskier suggestions if anyone has any please??

Thanks
    Dave

At wits end as there is no way i can get my 5000 recognised on either computer! Tried multiple installs , resets, removed Home etc etc. I suspect the unit is somehow "corrupted" - is there a way to do a complete FActory Reset please?

thanks
    Dave
    Superusers
    edited January 5
    Hi
    @DaveJM1960
    DaveJM1960 wrote: »
    (Snip)Tried multiple installs, resets, removed Home etc... I suspect the unit is somehow "corrupted" - is there a way to do a complete Factory Reset please? (Snip)
    The GO 5000 uses MyDrive Connect....
    Tomtom Home is for the early NAV2 devices....

Tomtom FAQ... Installing MyDrive Connect....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi YFM, yes what I meant was I had tried your recommendtiions of removing the Home Folder (from MY Drive Connect).
    Followed all your tips - still cannot get the PC hardware to see the 5000... nor My Drive.
    I suspect the 5000 (a driver..?) is corrupted....something in the 5000 anyway..ergo looking to try a reset stronger than the 20 second one!
    Or anything?? :)
    Superusers
    edited January 5
    HI
    @DaveJM1960
    You need to delete the "HOME3" AND the "MyDrive Connect" folder ??? Did you delete both folders ???

ATB YFM
    I did. A few times too!
    I have tried nearlly every option multiple times! I love my device - however cannot get any more updates to it!!