"Permission Problem - you are banned" — TomTom Community

"Permission Problem - you are banned"

simplysup2simplysup2 Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited January 5 in Forum feedback
Hi,

Could a mod please check one of my other email addresses, [email protected] - I'm trying to log into the forum to get help with an order issue, that is linked to that email address and not this one, but can't do so as I'm getting the "Permission Problem - you are banned" page.

I've tried using the Contact Us link, but either that isn't manned over this weekend, or it's falling prey to the same issue; whenever I click on the "Get in Touch" button it just closes the message box.

For info, the order I need help with is 410815904 - it looks as if payment validation failed (Amex's SafeKey page never closed properly), but I can neither cancel or re-submit the order.

Cheers,

Nigel

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,174 Moderator
    @simplysup2
    Hi Nigel
    Sorry about that! I have made the changes to your account and you should be able to log in now.
    Regarding the order issue, unfortunately, there is not much that we can help with on a public forum but use the below link to get in touch with our customer service and they should be able to sort this for you.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Try clearing the browser or opening the webpage in a 'private' or an 'incognito' tab/window.

Thank you, Vikram
  • simplysup2simplysup2 Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited January 5
    Hi Vikram,

I am still unable to log into the forum site (discussions.tomtom.com) using my [email protected] username, still comes up with the Permission Problem, you are banned webpage. This happens with normal browsing and private, using latest Firefox. It also hits me using Edge.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,174 Moderator
    edited January 5
    Sorry @simplysup2

It seems the changes I made were not saved in the backend. I have tried again and this time it was successful. You should be able to log in now.

Also, edited your email above to avoid sharing private/personal information on a public forum.

Thanks, Vikram
  • simplysup2simplysup2 Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    That's fixed it, thanks.
  • Elton666Elton666 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello @VikramK
    I have the same issue with Permission Problem - you are banned on my primary gmail account. Despite requesting assistance from TomTom support directly nobody has addressed my problem.
    Is it possible if I provide my primary gmail account in a PM that you could sort my account out as well please?

Kindest regards
    Elton