No bluetooth, no wifi connection — TomTom Community

No bluetooth, no wifi connection

Hello,
I have bought a Tomtom Go Professional 6250.
I cannot connect to my phone via Bluetooth.
On my phone
- Bluetooth is enabled
- Bluetooth internet sharing is enabled
- Tomtom Mydrive App installed
My phone does not recognize my Tomtom device. App says: “Generic not paired” and “Device not in range”. After reading in the QR code from Tomtom, my phone displays a message, that says, connection was unsuccessful.

I cannot connect to my wifi router either. Tomtom does not even recognize any available wifi networks, although we have here quite a few residential wifi signals, as I live in a blockhouse. I have a router, which works with 2,4GHz, as well as 5GHz.
q7dljj9rywvq.jpg

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,727
    Superusers
    edited January 4
    Hi
    @Gergelini
    Welcome to the site....
    Gergelini wrote: »
    (Snip)I cannot connect to my Wi-Fi router either. Tomtom does not even recognize any available Wi-Fi networks, although we have here quite a few residential Wi-Fi signals, as I live in a blockhouse. I have a router, which works with 2,4GHz, as well as 5GHz.
    Are you sat at home with your GO 6250 connected to the USB port + MyDrive Connect running on your PC ???
    If 'Yes'... The USB Connection will take priority over the Wi-Fi Connection....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Data Connection....

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices normally update using Wi-Fi....
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB....

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on Your WI-FI name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi

zzb10t6jrg2v.jpg
    Updating the device....
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items

Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained....
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wi-Fi) devices connected over Wi-Fi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if MyDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps

Connecting hard-wired over USB is normally more reliable than any Over The Air Connections
    Updating your new device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here..... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

There's no need to login to MyDrive Connect... See Note... (1)
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    The Update will hopefully complete

If you're using a Laptop it would be also more advisable to use a hard-wire connection back from the Laptop to the Router....

Note... A new version of MyDrive Connect has been released.....
    See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1130566/a-new-version-of-mydrive-connect-released

When using the latest MyDrive Connect the menu flow has changed....
    Now when using the latest version of MyDrive connect to update a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB, it appears that you can update the device using the MyDrive Connect menu structure... When in fact clicking on the update button only opens the new MyDrive Connect "Splash screen" saying "UPDATE DEVICE THE EASY WAY" etc... The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices have no access to the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

If you choose to update a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB....
    MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC Taskbar... You can close the 'Main Mydrive Window'

em7rmo28tl38.jpg
    That is displaying "UPDATE DEVICE THE EASY WAY" Splash screen...

a1a9r6jyfdho.jpg
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • GergeliniGergelini Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello YamFazMan,
    Thank you for your support.
    With the USB cable connected to my laptop I was able to update my lifetime maps.

On the other hand, I still cannot establish connection via Wifi. Yesterday morning for a few minutes Tomtom saw the wifi signals and it connected to our router automatically (as the connection data were saved), but then after a few minutes the connection broke and it does not see any signals any more. Or just 1 or 2 signals of my neighbours’.
    I also cannot connect to my mobile phone via Bluetooth either. My phone does not recognize my Tomtom device. App says: “Generic not paired” and “Device not in range”. After reading in the QR code from Tomtom, my phone displays a message, that says, connection was unsuccessful.

Although I did everything, as you wrote me earlier, still no luck. I could live both without the wifi and the Bluetooth, because at least the USB connection is working.

On the other hand I cannot see live traffic data, either. “Traffic Service unavailable”. I tap on this line and the message is the following: “Traffic. We are having trouble accessing Tomtom services. Please try again later.”
    When tapping on “…. Menu”, then tapping on “?”, then tapping on “About” in the Subscriptions section I tap on “Traffic Activated”, it then says “Tomtom Traffic. Tomtom services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.”
    -Information sharing is enabled
    -I receive a valid GPS signal.
    -My device fully charged.
    -I am in Hungary, which is covered with Tomtom Services.
    - …. Menu/Settings/System/About/Data connection/Built-in SIM
    I have also reset my device to factory settings today.

Can you please help at least with receiving live traffic information, as I have lifetime live traffic subscription?

Thank you in advance!
    Gergelini
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Gergelini
    Gergelini wrote: »
    When tapping on “…. Menu”, then tapping on “?”, then tapping on “About” in the Subscriptions section I tap on “Traffic Activated”, it then says “Tomtom Traffic. Tomtom services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.”
    I bet you will be getting a feeling Déjà vu with my reply :)
    Are you sat at home with your GO 6250 connected to the USB port + MyDrive Connect running on your PC ???
    If 'Yes'... The USB Connection will take priority over the GPRS SIM....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Data Connection... is the connection showing USB....
    Right-click on the MYDrive Connect Icon on the PC Taskbar and select... Quit
    Now check the Data Connection on the GO 6250... Is it now connected GPRS SIM ???

ATB YFM
    Hello YFM,

Thank you for your message.
    I have checked, what you have asked for.

When Tomtom is connected to my laptop with the USB cable the Data Connection is: "USB" and GPRS status is: "not connected".

I Right-click on the MYDrive Connect Icon on the PC Taskbar and select... Quit then
    Data Connection is still: "USB" and GPRS status is still: "not connected".

Only, when I unplug the USB cable from Tomtom changes the Data Connection to "Built-in SIM" ans GPRS status to "Connected".
    Superusers
    edited January 5
    Hi
    @Gergelini
    Well that's progress, out on the road you should receive Live Tomtom Traffic....

Which Smartphone are you using for Bluetooth ??? iPhone or Android

Re Wi-Fi have you tried turning your Router Off '&' On again ???

ATB YFM
    Hello YFM,

I took Tomtom for a ride. Live Tomtom Traffic didn1t work in the car either.

Last night at 1 am it connected via bluetooth to my phone for 2 seconds, then disconnected for 2 sec, connected for 2 sec, diconnected for 2 sec, etc. Now nothing...

When I switch it on after it has been swithched off for hours it sees our and my neighbours' wifi signals. After some time itt sees none any more.
    I have reset our router last night, but obviously the problem is not with our router, as it cannot see the neighbours' signals either.
    I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) SM-A520F with Android 8.0.0 (Oreo).

Thank you for your help, but I have decided to take it back to the shop (Alza).
    Serial number: ZA5259I01070
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,266
    Superuser
    Hi @Gergelini

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard can check your units settings on the TT servers and change if necessary.

Does the following help.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014530220-TomTom-Traffic-or-LIVE-Services-isn-t-working

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    Hi @Gergelini
    Our team has made some changes in the backend. Please do a soft reset and check again if the device is able to connect.

Also, I would suggest that you test it for a short drive on a planned route.

Regards, Vikram