Unable to use traffic services — TomTom Community

Unable to use traffic services

MalAllertonMalAllerton Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,

I have a TomTom GO Premium, but the traffic services are not working (everything else fine). I have followed the troubleshooting advice a couple of times, but no joy. The message I get is 'We are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later. My Drive connects fine and it is showing as connected via built in SIM. Services are also showing as activated. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mal

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,962 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @MalAllerton
    Please do a soft reset and check again if the Traffic services get activated. I have asked my team to make some changes in the background for your device.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,481
    Superusers
    Hi
    @MalAllerton
    Welcome to the site....
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

ATB YFM
  • MalAllertonMalAllerton Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I'd already tried this - traffic service still not available. Been through everything I could find on the forums so far. Getting a little frustrated trying to work out whats going on!

Thanks

Mal
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,003
    Superuser
    Hi @MalAllerton

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard could have a look at your units settings on the TT servers and see if there is a problem at that end. Look back here later to see what they have to say.

Doug
    Morning!

That would be great.

Many thanks

Mal
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,962 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @MalAllerton
    Please do a soft reset and check again if the Traffic services get activated. I have asked my team to make some changes in the background for your device.

Regards, Vikram
    Hi Vikram,

That seems to have fixed it. Many thanks for your help!

Mal
  • fionafairyfionafairy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi
    I have bought a new Go Premium for Christmas and have the exact same problem that I am unable to sort. Can anyone help?
  • fionafairyfionafairy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Sorted. After a few more soft resets it work!