How do I delete/remove Tourenfahrer & Speed Camera's — TomTom Community

How do I delete/remove Tourenfahrer & Speed Camera's

Stu7Stu7 Posts: 47 [Master Explorer]
Hi there,

I haven't used my Rider 40 since February so when I turned it on I updated it and now I have all 11 Marked Locations; Bikerbetten Hotels, MoHo Hotels, Tourenfahrer Endurotracks, Tourenfahrer meeting points, Tourenfahrer Musuem, Tourenfahrer Passes and Tourenfahrer Racetracks. I am form Australia how did these get on my device and how can I get rid of them. I tried the 'Hide" function but hat does not hide them., they are still visible under "My Places" - "Marked Locations". They will not delete under "Edit - "Delete". Can you please help?

Also my 12 month Speed Camera Alerts that I purchased expired so I went to renew my subscription and clicked on the link https://www.tomtom.com/en_au/drive/maps-services/shop/speed-camera-updates/world/ and purchased an annual subscription but then I received an invoice saying I only received 6 months so then I contacted Tom Tom via chat who then rang me. The technician said he would cancel that 6 month subscription and then for me to connect my device to Tom Tom MyDrive and try again to purchase 12 months. So, I connected my device and the only option whilst connected was for 3 months so I contacted Tom Tom again via chat and that technician said that for my model Rider 40 the only option is for 3 months. So, I have not been reimbursed and I can't get a consistent answer as to if 12 months is available for my device - Rider 40. When I first bought my Rider 40 and the Speed Camera's expired I renewed IT with a 12 month subscription which expired on the 30/102/020.

Can anyone clarify of 1 2momnths is available for my model and if so where and how can I do this as I can't seem to get any sense out of the technicians/support and when I connect my device to MyDrive it say's that just 3 months is available. Thank you kindly :)

Cheers - Stu

Comments

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 650 [Revered Pioneer]
    Yo can remove the POI files using MyDrive.

Login to mydrive.tomtom.com -> My Places -> POI Files -> Selllect File -> Press Waste bin

For the Speed Camera Alerts maybe @lampard can have a look.
  • Stu7Stu7 Posts: 47 [Master Explorer]
    RoadRider wrote: »
    Yo can remove the POI files using MyDrive.

Login to mydrive.tomtom.com -> My Places -> POI Files -> Selllect File -> Press Waste bin

For the Speed Camera Alerts maybe @lampard can have a look.

Hi RoadRider thanks for reaching out. I’ll give what you suggest a crack and let you know how I go.

In regards to the Speed Cameras that is all sorted, a support person from Tom Tom eventually resolved it for me. He said there is a glitch in their system and my 6 month purchase is actually a 12 month subscription.

Cheers - Stu
    Hi RoadRider that doesn’t work. Any other suggestions anyone? Cheers - Stu
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,693
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @Stu7
    Check....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI list on Map... Find the required POI Select 'Hide'

Setup...
    After Hide/Show for your Personal or 3rd party POIs....
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing Hide/Show for the Generic Icon... Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, only the Generic POI Icons selected to show will appear live and working....

Stay Safe ATB YFM
    This is Strange. Only the Rider 450 and Rider 550 have the factory installed Bikerbetten Hotels, MoHo Hotels, Tourenfahrer Endurotracks, Tourenfahrer meeting points ... POI's
    The 410 only has the "Great Rides" as this type of factory installed POI's

These have there own Icons and can't be deleted.
    So yo have to use the Hide option as @YamFazMan explains.

The Rider 40 has only the Personal POIs in this list.
    Personal POIs are added and deleted with MyDrive.

I think the fastest way to to uninstall them is to factory reset your Rider.
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013898320-How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-device-
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Stu7
    Check....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI list on Map... Find the required POI Select 'Hide'

Setup...
    After choosing Hide/Show for the Generic Icon... Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, only the Generic POI Icons selected to show will appear live and working....

Stay Safe ATB YFM

Hi YamFazMan,
    The hide function does not hide them when I do as you say and go back to “My Places”.

I don’t understand these below instructions, sorry:

Setup...
    Hi RoadRider, these annoying POI’s appeared after I downloaded POI updates.
    Strange, the Rider 40 is not entitled to have this POI's.

Try a factory reset.
    If that doesn't help you can hide them just like the Rider 550.
    .... Menu -> Setting -> Appearance -> Show POI list on Map... Select POI and choose 'Hide'
    Will I loose everything with a factory reset?
    The hide function does not hide them
    Cheers - Stu
    Yes jou loose everything.
    But if you use MyDrive to manage thing like places and Routes 80% is restored after you login with te same MyDrive account on the Rider.

Things you installed with the USB cable you have to export to your PC first.

@VikramK can jou check why he has the Bikerbetten Hotels, MoHo Hotels, Tourenfahrer Endurotracks, Tourenfahrer meeting points, Tourenfahrer Musuem, Tourenfahrer Passes and Tourenfahrer Racetracks on a Rider 40?
    Thanks RoadRider and thanks for requesting information from @VikramK
    Cheers - Stu
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,140 Moderator
    Hi @Stu7

The Australian modes ideally should not have these set of POI's but again I am not sure why this POI service is a part of the RIDER 40. I will forward the feedback.

Also, I have asked our 2nd Line team to remove the POI's through a script. Just connect it to MyDrive Connect and the jobs will be processed automatically when you check for updates.

To avoid these installations in the future you can de-select them using the 'My Content' tab in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram
    Hi Vikram,

Thank you kindly for doing that, much appreciated.

On another note I was checking my updates and there is an update for speed camera’s. See attached picture - I’m from Australia - is this update for me, I wasn’t sure as it says Asia Pacific.kvzlluzxqwqm.jpeg

Cheers - Stu 😊
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Stu7

The Australian modes ideally should not have these set of POI's but again I am not sure why this POI service is a part of the RIDER 40. I will forward the feedback.

Also, I have asked our 2nd Line team to remove the POI's through a script. Just connect it to MyDrive Connect and the jobs will be processed automatically when you check for updates.

To avoid these installations in the future you can de-select them using the 'My Content' tab in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram

Hi Vikram,

Thank you kindly for doing that, much appreciated.

On another note I was checking my updates and there is an update for speed camera’s. See attached picture - I’m from Australia - is this update for me, I wasn’t sure as it says Asia Pacific.

Thank you,

Cheers- Stu 😊

lzg1ixwssrvx.jpeg
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Stu7

Regards, Vikram

Hi VikramK,
    I connected my device and it now has deleted those POI’s thank you kindly for following that up for me. Have a great day.
    Cheers - Stu 😊
    Hi there,

Ive just bought a rider 550 and it’s done the same as what it did to my Rider 40. I have all 11 Marked Locations; Bikerbetten Hotels, MoHo Hotels, Tourenfahrer Endurotracks, Tourenfahrer meeting points, Tourenfahrer Musuem, Tourenfahrer Passes and Tourenfahrer Racetracks. I am from Australia how did these get on my device and how can I get rid of them. I tried the 'Hide" function but that does not hide them. They are still visible under "My Places" - "Marked Locations". They will not delete under "Edit - "Delete". Can you please help?