Lost speed cameras — TomTom Community

Lost speed cameras

MrTBMrTB Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
I had 3 months free speed camera updates with my go 50. When the free trial ended the updates stopped as expected and when I used my Tomtom it still showed the speed cameras it all had ready stored upto the last camera update all good and as expected.
But I connected my go 50 and to mydrive last week and and it done some updates BUT now when I use my go 50 it does not show any speed cameras at all! I was OK using the old camera data that was all ready on my device BUT now very unhappy that all cameras have gone from my device, how can I get back this OLD data without paying more money, If I had known this camera data was going to be lost just by doing a update (I only did this to get the latest maps as this device has lifetime maps) I would not have updated it.
I tried doing a reset but but this did nothing.
If I cant get the lost old camera data back on this device it will go in bin and will never use a TomTom again.

Best Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,475
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @MrTB
    Welcome to the site....
    There has been a change in the Speed cam subscriptions... The Tomtom subscriptions now 'Auto Renew' by default....

Note... If your subscription has expired you will NOT get any Speed cam warning on the device, even the old database is still installed on the device....

See T&C's 4.2 Subscriptions, renewals and Free Trials...
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/terms-and-conditions/#4YourAccountandyoursubscriptions

Tomtom Speed Cam FAQ….
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015806999

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Superusers
    edited January 2 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @MrTB
    All my older Tomtoms I added free speed camera POI's and that worked fine, I only updated to the go 50 for the lifetime maps and only after purchase found that Tomtom had stopped you from adding and using non Tomtom speed camera POI's.
    (1)... You can still install the 3rd party Speed Cam POI's.....
    (2)... You can still display the POI locations on the driving view...
    (3)... BUT you can't have a warning sound as you approach....

The latests NAV4 or NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices.... Installing 3rd party POI Categories...
    You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

See Tomtom Video....
    How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive

Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware....
    You can't install the POI associated .BMP files or Warning Sounds

You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....

13s1zlb8gssy.jpg
    But you can use one icon for for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information

Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs....Tap 4Dot (....Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon.. Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out (I guess its, so you can scroll around a clear Map to find your location)
    The Icon reappear as you zoom back in again

Here I'm using the Yellow Pentagon Icons --> National Trust
    fwsmyemsot57.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @MrTB
    Welcome to the site....
    There has been a change in the Speed cam subscriptions... The Tomtom subscriptions now 'Auto Renew' by default....

Note... If your subscription has expired you will NOT get any Speed cam warning on the device, even the old database is still installed on the device....

See T&C's 4.2 Subscriptions, renewals and Free Trials...
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/terms-and-conditions/#4YourAccountandyoursubscriptions

Tomtom Speed Cam FAQ….
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015806999

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • MrTBMrTB Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Thanks for your help.
    I thinks it could now be time stop using TomTom (shame as its my 5th) and use my phone as it looks like this is only way to go as I'm not going to keep paying extra for the speed camera service when I only use my Tomtom 8 to 10 times year.
    All my older TomToms I added free speed camera poi's and that worked fine, I only updated to the go 50 for the lifetime maps and only after purchase found that Tomtom had stopped you from adding and using non tomtom speed camera poi's.
    Superusers
    edited January 2 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @MrTB
    All my older Tomtoms I added free speed camera POI's and that worked fine, I only updated to the go 50 for the lifetime maps and only after purchase found that Tomtom had stopped you from adding and using non Tomtom speed camera POI's.
    (1)... You can still install the 3rd party Speed Cam POI's.....
    (2)... You can still display the POI locations on the driving view...
    (3)... BUT you can't have a warning sound as you approach....

The latests NAV4 or NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices.... Installing 3rd party POI Categories...
    You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

See Tomtom Video....
    How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive

Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware....
    You can't install the POI associated .BMP files or Warning Sounds

You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....

13s1zlb8gssy.jpg
    But you can use one icon for for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information

Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs....Tap 4Dot (....Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon.. Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out (I guess its, so you can scroll around a clear Map to find your location)
    The Icon reappear as you zoom back in again

Here I'm using the Yellow Pentagon Icons --> National Trust
    fwsmyemsot57.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • MrTBMrTB Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Thanks for information I may give it a go.
    I've also just installed Radarbot on my phone and this seems to show all the speed cameras etc in my area and It worked fine and correctly warned me when I was out today to do some shopping. I would pay Tomtom for camera data but £30 a year is to much for something I use 8 to 12 times a year as I only use my Tomtom when driving out side of my local area, also the Tomtom speed camera covers all of Europe for £30 I would happily pay £10 for UK only but you cant seem to only buy UK for less.