Help with updating tomtom go500!!! — TomTom Community

Help with updating tomtom go500!!!

Hello ,

I will appreciate if someone can help and guide me to update my TomTom Go500.

I am really stuck .

I have update for my device witch I can't install, I assume due to capacity issues even if I have a full free memory card . so here is where my problem start .
The internal memory of my device is full but my sd cart is empty .
My connect show that I have available update.

Nav4. v20.100.0001.311
Europe map. v10.60

Internal capacity 0byte
Memory card 30645mb free .

I have tried everything but nothing seems to work .
To manage the maps I need to have nav4 , i tried to delete the map I have now but my connect says that i have to have one map at least . and I have only one map .
I have tried to move the map to sd card with no success , also to install a smaller map . also no success .
I don't have other content to delete in my device . also I have delete the only voice I had accidentally and I can't install it again due to capacity .

Best Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,881 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Riomaz

Welcome to the community! I have asked my team to remove the existing map on your TomTom. This will free up space on the device's internal memory.
    Check for updates and install the firmware update only- My Content tab.

To install the full Europe map(latest version) you might need a memory card of size up to 16GB.

Also activated a smaller map of UK and ROI, just in case it's needed to get the device working after you install the firmware.

Thanks, Vikram
  • RiomazRiomaz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Vikram ,
    Thank you very much I managed to update my device after your quick actions .
    Big compliments for your customers support .

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,881 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Riomaz

Welcome to the community! I have asked my team to remove the existing map on your TomTom. This will free up space on the device's internal memory.
    Check for updates and install the firmware update only- My Content tab.

To install the full Europe map(latest version) you might need a memory card of size up to 16GB.

Also activated a smaller map of UK and ROI, just in case it's needed to get the device working after you install the firmware.

Thanks, Vikram
  • RiomazRiomaz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Vikram ,
    Thank you very much I managed to update my device after your quick actions .
    Big compliments for your customers support .