Free Lifetime maps is not working — TomTom Community

Free Lifetime maps is not working

ChiaChienWangChiaChienWang Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
I bought my TomTom VIA280 in New Zealand, and it shows Free Lifetime maps on the box and a paper inside the box, and it said once I registered, every time a new map released, you will e-mail me, but I have never get the email about new maps
Only I have is the day I registered my device to my account confirmed email.
How can I get my lifetime maps back?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,917 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @ChiaChienWang

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,980
    Superuser
    Hi @ChiaChienWang

You should be offered the updates automatically when you attach your TT unit to your once the My Drive Connect software is running on it.

Hopefully @VikramK can check your units settings on the TT servers and adjust if necessary.

Look back here later to see what he has to say.

Doug
  • ChiaChienWangChiaChienWang Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @ChiaChienWang

You should be offered the updates automatically when you attach your TT unit to your once the My Drive Connect software is running on it.

Hopefully @VikramK can check your units settings on the TT servers and adjust if necessary.

Look back here later to see what he has to say.

Doug

Thanks, but the problem is no matter how many times I connect my TomTom to My Drive Connect software,
    It never let me update my map, it ask me to buy the new maps.
    And another problem is, I bought TomTom VIA280, but When I connect with My Drive Connect software, it shows my device is VIA1535, is it........something wrong here?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,980
    Superuser
    Hi @ChiaChienWang

Check the country settings in the software. I think the unit is the same with the Via 1535 sold in the US and the Via 280 sold in Australasia.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @ChiaChienWang

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram
  • ChiaChienWangChiaChienWang Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @ChiaChienWang

Regards, Vikram

Yrs, they have changed my New Zealand map service in lifetime, but what about my AU map? still shows expired.
    The services have been activated for Australia as well. Please check for updates now.

Regards, Vikram